Xiaomi Mi 9T Recovery mode in Chinese Help!

Think about it like your PC’s BIOS (the programs running in “background”, not the setup utility):

• it is mandatory to run an OS, but without OS you can’t get anything useful from it
  • both BIOS and OS can be upgraded separately, however a certain level of BIOS can be mandatory for a certain level of OS to work correctly

In your case (sorry I didn’t read all your previous posts):

• the firmware update, with the link I provided, will not erase any of OS or datanote 1
  • it’s not clear to me what ROM you installed (Xiaomi stock ROM comes with embedded firmware, LineageOS and /e/OS probably won’t), so if something like modem, camera, GPS, … is acting weird you may need to upgrade your firmwarenote 2
  • as the latest firmware is from '21, you’ll only need to perform this update once (assuming you are only going to install newer ROMs)
  • in short: if you had latest “Europe” or “Global” stock ROM, firmware update is probably not needed to run /e/OS T

note 1: open the zip file with your preferred archiver, then view file META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script: none of the partitions listed is like “system”, “vendor”, “boot”. You can view the same file from any ROM (Xiaomi, LineageOS, /e/OS) for comparison.

note 2: it’s not always easy to know what firmware you have currently running :confused: . If you are comfortable with shell commands, you may find this of interest: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-avoid-twrp-errors-related-to-wrong-firmware-for-custom-rom-prepare-firmware.3692393/.

1 Like

Thank you for the clear information.
I understood that it worked like the BIOS of a PC.

It all started because the recovery mode was in Chinese on my MI 9T.
By installing the official Global ROM, the recovery is now in English.
I then installed LineagOS and everything worked fine.

However, I want to go back to /e/OS.
But, as the MI 9T is “legacy,” I was advised to install an unofficial /e/OS to have a more up-to-date device, and, unless I’m mistaken, continue to receive updates.

I’m going to install /e/OS unofficial this morning.

I’ll have a look at your link too. Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

I finished the installation and put back my backups. Everything went smoothly.
This unofficial version seems to work well, I hope it lasts :wink:
Thank you all for your help, I couldn’t have done it without you.

See you on the forum.

1 Like

P.S.: I still have to solve the problem of the bank app refusing to launch because the phone is rooted. If you have any ideas? Thanks

So I spoke too soon.

With /e/OS unofficial for the Mi9T, the bank app works very without doing
anything.

Bravo for integrating this into this unofficial /e/OS.

Who can I thank?

1 Like

@ronnz98 for building (already done :wink: ).
e foundation
LineageOS (links at the bottom)

1 Like

Thank you, it’s done.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.