Xiaomi - Mi A2 - jasmine_sprout - Documentation Suggestions

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

Hello Manoj,

Hope you doing well ! Please let me wish you a very Happy New 2021 Year for You and your own : My only wish : Health, good Health, perfect Health !!!

I found an open subject about "Xiaomi Mi A2 Jasmine_sprout (my actual phone) about “Documentation Suggestions”.
I will try to think about it (-vs- my cognition troubles) and I will come back, when information will came in mind.

I just read in a another open subject (doc. suggs) : a member who suggested to “better” describe “step-by-step” operation for flashing e.rom. in ex. For some devices, it’s true : it’s just a copy/paste of the LOS instructions and it is a little bit “not enough”.

If you want to attrack more people, particularly with the “Great Leaving of Big Tech” (cf. D.Trump fcbk, twitler, YT, Gab, etc… closed accounts) … You must put all the stuff on Guide / Documentation / Informations… to make attractable “E.Universe” and make very SIMPLE to leave for ever “BiG Tech”.

PS : Telegram reach 500 million users (25 million in 72h after the Trump cancelling) … it’s the moment ! Use it !

Kind regards,

@Manoj , there are some points to be corrected and added, on the page:
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/jasmine_sprout/install

After point 7. on “Unlocking the bootloader”, it should be added:

(optional) If, when trying to flash the ROM, you get a message about not having permission on critical partitions, this command should be run in fastboot mode:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
This command, just like during the bootloader unlock process, will erase all information on the device.

On “Temporarily Booting a custom recovery using fastboot”, in point 4., is necessary to remove the command:
fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
since this device does not have a recovery partition

On “Installing /e/ from recovery”, after point 7 and before point 8, it should be added:

With the above process, the /e/ ROM has been flashed into the inactive slot. Unfortunately on this device, this process does not automatically change the inactive slot to active, so we will have to change it manually.

To do this, and after finishing the adb sideload process, we will reboot in fastboot mode, typing this command in the command window on the PC (the new versions of TWRP, if it is the Recovery you have used, allow you to change the active slot from an option):
adb reboot bootloader

Once in fastboot mode, check which slot is active:
fastboot getvar current-slot

And activate the inactive slot:
fastboot set_active a
or
fastboot set_active b

After marking the previously inactive slot as active, reboot the device normally:
fastboot reboot