I recently got a “refurbed” phone XIAOMI Redmi 4x and installed /e/.
I found out, that a few things might have changed, according to the original installation routine on the official website.
Points to consider/That might have changed:
- Unlocking my XIAOMI phone did only work with inserted SIM-Card and inserted SD-Card.
- The Xiamo-account had to be with a phone-number. Email did not work.
- On my refurbed phone I did not have to wait for 72 hours to unlock. I could directly download the app.
- When I reached the final step in the installation process described on the website I got the message “NO OS DETECTED.” Solution: I copied the /e/image onto the sd-card. Then I selected inside TWRP “install” and “from image”. That did work
Maybe this helps other as well…
Thanks for your share
But it didn’t goes the same for me last week (I reinstalled latest stock ROM after some testings) :
- I didn’t need a SD-Card inserted, just a SIM-Card with active data
- Unlock worked fine with my email (and the phone # of SIM-Card wasn’t the one registered at Xiaomi)
About 4 : I’ve seen this message before (not last week), I decided to reboot anyway and it worked fine.
Such differences are confusing, maybe all Xiaomi accounts are not identical, based on country or something like ?
I think, your thoughts are right. Probably there are slight differences based on country, or version of the phone. That is why I described my “showstoppers”. I think it is good to know and describe that different things can happen… Because every describtion of any “might-happen” helps newbies like me to feel on the correct installtion-path…