Xiaomi Redmi k20 / Mi 9T

Sorry form the question but is there a way to upgrade to the new ROM without losing data?

Does backup and restore could be interested ?

Testing 0.18 from 27/08 : Camera isnā€™t working ā€¦ It still works with 0.12. Something is still broken with these builds ā€¦ Weird experience and update !

This one is working >
e_davinci-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20201007.210013 test-keys

I wonder what is the difference with newer builds !

Hi ! i wonder is there is some news about davinci support.
is there someone here that has a fully working device on e-0.18-q ?

i bought a mi 9t this week and iā€™ve noticed the same issues than above with the latest e-0.18-q :
flashlight is disabled
camera or open camera open as black screen.
browser pop a msg as it crash continuously

i have to mention that i used the latest version of twrp as recovery (3.5.2.9 ?), not the one linked in download page. actually, as a noob i didnā€™t see it.
despit the xiaomi unlock, which was very fast (no 360h countdown) twrp was unable to patch the stock rom. so i installed eos from a temporary state of twrp.

1 Like

by the way, i would like to share some little observations, because i try different test and i got some few results :
firstly, iā€™ve noticed that when i boot in recovery, twrp logo appear then when it is loaded, the screen strangely lock by itself. if i reboot from twrp to recovery again, it does not happen. i think this is a clue of a root of the problems, the lock has a relation to issues and i believe we are here out of the os ?

secondly, knowing that, i tried to tweak a lot of screen settings one by one. unfortunatly, i donā€™t remember which one at first. but i got it to work flawlessly for a session of boot. camera and open camera were working, the selfy camera opened, the flashlight was working and even the power button shortcut was working (did i mention that usually the optional assignment of the power button is not even available in settings page ?) of course i can not be sure it is because of the settings i used, it could also be unconsistant harware behaviours. but i am pretty confident cause iā€™ve noticed very little changes when tweaking. camera crashing in grey screen, instead of black and once i had it to work in a dirty way, as it was working in safe mode (mean dirty pixelated image).
i did not change dev options, i modified lock screen, dark mode, security lock mode and screen rotation.

let me know if you find something

1 Like

Iā€™ve been following the development of /e/ for some time now and Iā€™m still excited about whatā€™s been set in motion here. In my circle of acquaintances, the interest in such privacy-friendly solutions for smartphones is also growing more and more. Thatā€™s why I was able to install /e/ on several devices (e.g. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mido, Gigaset GS290). Now I have also put it on a Mi9t/K20 . Unfortunately, even after the update to 0.19, the problems that Fya has already addressed (camera stays black, browser crashes) still exist here. Can anyone say whether these problems are currently being worked on?

Hi All I have updated to v.0.19 via automatic updates and the mi9t is not more stable. The camera is not recognized (all the camera apps crash) and also a lot of other apps doesnā€™t works anymore (e.g. amazon). I have try to wipe totally the memory and reinstall the rom from twrp but nothing change; all the issue still present. I have also try to reinstall last stable os version (e.0.18) from twrp without success (the phone reboot always in recovery mode). Someone know how I can restore a stable os? many thanks Giuseppe

Hi,

You may need, while on TWRP, to format (not wipe) Data & System partitions.
Then push the image using adb push and install it using TWRPā€™s Install function.
Donā€™t forget to wipe cache & Dalvik before rebooting tot system.

thanks a lot for the suggestion smu44, I have recovered the phone!!
Many thanks
Giuseppe

1 Like

Did someone finally managed to have a camera working with e-0.19-q-20211027142973-dev-davinci.zip ? All cameras that I tried, including ports of Google Camera that were working perfectly on MIUI 12, crash when I click on themā€¦ :frowning:

Please try this : [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 (perseus) - #10 by smu44

Hello Smu44 ! Thx for the linkā€¦ After trying everything I could, without any success, I finally switched to lineageOS, and it worked perfectly. Not the same, but Iā€™ll come back to /e/ when itā€™s bugfree ))

1 Like

Iā€™m still with 0.12 ā€¦ others builds are totally unreliable

Dunno if can help, but crDroid v7 (LineageOS-based - Android 11 - distro) seems to work without bugs:

Iā€™m using my Mi 9T davinci since one month and I have some problems too. My build is /e/ 0.23 20220513.

The browser crashes every x times, sometime ten times in the same raw when I open a third app despite the fact that it isnā€™t open and that I use Firefox.

The App Lounge is working very rarely and when I try to open it I have a 1 second black screen then nothing.

The camera was working until today and now it doesnā€™t want to run and I get a black screen and nothing. I tried to identify myself in an app that use camera but it makes the device very very lagy to finally get crashed.

Several apps doesnā€™t work at all or sometime some features canā€™t be accessed and makes the app crashes.

Is there some news about a futur (functional) update for this device or is it better for me to go back to 0.12 or to shift to lineage like suggested by other comments ?