Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - Mido

In the moment no new xiaomi builds, because of missing sources

even without this temporary block, the Mido has not been updated for some time… Xiaomi Mido: LineageOS 14.1 EOL

it is not the same thing because LOS nougat does not receive security updates since feb 2019

We are working on setting up a process by which devices will receive security updates even when LOS has stopped the same. Will update once the infrastructure is in place.

1 Like

sorry but if there’s unofficial Oreo for some time, unofficial Pie, what are we waiting for? that someone with the Nougat terminal without a security patch is attacked? according to you, can there be privacy if there is no security?

so what are we waiting for?

cool down :wink: e.foundation is working an that issue and regarding security, I’m using android since froyo and I never was hacked. My actual phone has old patches and SeLinux is turned off. I’m not open any unknown mails/attachments and I don’t install any apk from unknown sources. If you do this, there is not hurry to get always the newest security patches. It’s the same with antivirus apps It’s all making panic. If you look what you do and what you are installing on your phone, nothing will happens.

1 Like

/e/ is based on privacy, right? Do you think there may be privacy without security? Don’t you browse on websites? All /e/ users only use app from f-droid or /e/ app? All /e/ users are fully aware of every tap? Aren’t no misleading advertisements?

Security must be intrinsic, so there are password, patches, firewall and antivirus (edit: forgot IPS/IDS…): in this way privacy is strengthened. Without Security there cannot be privacy. Because everyone needs to use a smartphone with sufficient peace of mind :innocent:

for me, privacy means, that my data is my data. Your are talking about security. And if you will use secure webpages and apps, no need for antivirus and other “security” patches.
But that’s me really personal meaning / statement / credo

1 Like

try to poll /e/ users to see if everyone is like you. You will have some surprises. Just go and see the apps insertion request. You are among the very few people who think they can have privacy with weak security. Most think that you can have security without privacy but not privacy without security.

While I understand the importance of upto date security patches we also have to make some changes to our infrastructure to update the patches for devices directly. It will take time and require more resources. We do not have an ETA for now. You will have to bear with us on the delay. Alternately you can switch to stock ROM or other custom ROM which is updated with latest patches in case you feel /e/ is not safe on your particular device.

Oreo on Mido has been available for almost a year. A lost year …

Yes, of course, no one is obliged but… think about the number of devices you say you support: does supporting a device mean updating apps and not OS? the opposite would make more sense to me. Or /e/ is an apps collection? a theme?

Hi @VitTh please can you share the security patch level on your mido.
Do not have a mido but It should be visible here
Settings >>About Phone >Android Version > Android security patch level for your device 's /e/ build

@rhunault F.Y.I

This is getting a bit confusing. Please can you share the security patch month details for the mido.

Xiaomi Mido shows (system/settings) that apparently the security patches arrived on July 5, 2019. Instead Snoopsnitch shows that apparently they are still in March 2019. Are the level of security patches to 5 July 2019 or not?

@rhunault please can you check this.

That’s strange, Snoopsnitch does not show security patch after march 2019.

If you check in code, the Android Security patches are up-to-date.

For example:

Kindly let us know if you find any missing patch.

Romain HUNAULT

How someone can check in /e/ code if patch is present?

Until March 2019, Snoopsnitch and /e/ (Settings >>About Phone >Android Version) are the same (aligned).

After March, LOS 14.1 EOS, Snoopsnitch and /e/ begin to differentiate: snoopsnitch remains at 201903, /e/ goes on… this generates confusion and doubt, that’s why I ask if really /e/ have security patch updated…

[quote=“rhunault, post:31, topic:3597”]
corresponding patch on LineageOS project: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_external_libhevc/commit/b24c3684bc950a26bc996c189db057c04cbbc5fd
[/quote] --> it’s a March 2019 patch…

If u are sure that /e/ inside Mido has the last security patch (and all the previous ones), u can open an issue here: https://opensource.srlabs.de/issues and maybe keep us informed, thanks.

Thank u all