Xiaomi X3 NFC (surya) - recent official LOS released

As above, would love to see X3 NFC build made official, should be rather simple now that there’s a build for lineage as of a couple weeks ago.

I’m currently running e0.18 unofficial build on this phone, haven’t found any major features that don’t work.

I see many Xiaomi models on the release schedule but not this one - a rather popular phone - please add it!

Thanks!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

+1, would love to see Poco NFC X3 support as well
@tehgibbo I assume you are running the latest build from this thread?

Oh no no, that developer seems to have dropped support.

I’ve now updated to an unofficial 0.19 build, from my previous unofficial 0.18 build.
Different developers once again, links to these seem to only be in the x3 telegram groups.
You can find it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RbJ5mU6ZrwluKGGrLVwRtSnQi3xjcZLa/view

I also use this with the Chidori kernel, I find it enables the fast charging and runs smoother for the odd game I play than stock.

No issues with any device drivers, or anything really it’s rather stable.

1 Like

1 Like

Cool, I wasn’t aware that the (X3) ROMs are distributed using Telegram :wink:
Thx for pointing this out.
Can you point me to some kind of readme/instructions on how to flash the X3 (coming from latest MIUI Global 12.5.2)? It has been ages until I flashed custom ROMs and never did that with any Xiaomi phone so far.
And another question: is bluetooth audio working for you? Thanks for all the help, really appreciated!

Yeah the Xiamoi phones have a fairly well organized set of groups for each phone and subtopics for each. Some say official, they aren’t really, but they are semi-trustworthy.

Instructions, well, there are a few guides easily found on google for the X3 - they are rather generic.
Can’t go too wrong following Xiaomi official unlock procedure, then the lineageOS or /e/ instructions… rather generic adb recovery across, make backups, format data/wipe cache etc, flash rom/magisk/kernel…
Bluetooth works great, for audio and general devices.

Some tips for the X3 + /e/…

• the DTS:X Ultra magisk module is amazing for audio quality improvements
  • IMO the best camera is google cam…takes some fiddling to get right tho. ANX is a port from miui and has extra features but unstable.

Here’s some groups to get you going…

Telegram: Contact @PocoX3Discussions (roms/kernels)
t.me/pocox3gcam (Camera ports and config files)
pocox3magisk group (Magisk modules)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for those links, seems like I need to get back in the game :wink:
Any other seriously recommended Magisk modules? Haven’t been following the development on those at least for the last 5 years…
Regarding GCam, yeah, I cam across this, never flashed it, but once I moved to /e/ i’ll give that a try, seems like several ways might be feasible to run it for example > GitHub - lukaspieper/Gcam-Services-Provider: App faking only the absolute necessary Apis to use Gcam without Play Services
Big THX again!

The only magisk modules I use are the DTS sound and debloater to remove some system apps I don’t use. I don’t even use the root hide. I don’t trust many 3rd party modules… most aren’t open source and i’m a fairly strict purist - except for DTS and Gcam (turn off network access for em) where benefits outweigh the tainting lol. Open camera just doesn’t cut it…

For the camera, the group linked above is full of camera enthusiasts and dedicated porters - there’s at least half a dozen devs with their own version of Gcam… specifically designed for the X3… the link you posted is trying to modify the phone to allow stock Gcam, but better is to use the Gcam modified for our phones lol :slight_smile:
And then those who post their .xml config files to use and post sample images they’ve taken to compare settings… quite an active community of dedicated snappers heh.

The group files are organized here on this page with instructions Gcam – Telegraph
I tried all of them, most configs are designed for the X3 pro, which has different camera IDs and it took a few hours of dealing with crashes before I found a config specifically for the NFC.
Many configs don’t even include the macro camera, they suggest using the main camera and then zoom cropping the image for best results.

Anyway goodluck with it all, took me a cpl weeks to truly set everything up with /e/ how I like.

1 Like

Super helpful insights, and everything I need to get things started! Thx man, really great help to find my way back!