Yousician app scrolling hickups on FP3

I hope this is the best place to report, as I suspect this is more of a kernel/hw-related issue than general OS one.

I’m using Yousician to learn how to play music on a FP3, that I just flashed with /e/. The app is based on scrolling the tablature or notes while playing sound and listening to played notes. There are slight pauses during the screen animations (what I qualified as hickups… dunno how to best qualify), which render the experience a bit weird. Not unusable, but clearly not as smooth as on the original Android OS of the FP3.

Could this be related to some “real-time” optimizations lost in the port to google-less ? Is this a known symptom for other games or similar applications ?

Thanks in advance for your hints.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I’ve seen someone reporting that their FP3 feels slow under certain circumstances. Not sure if your problem has the same root cause, but you could check if this helps: FP3 seems slower than FP2

Hello, this may be related to this. There are kernel improvements on the way.

IIUC, that issue you’re referring to @andrelam, is related to the power being plugged. But Yousician seems to behave the same, be it plugged or not… so I guess that’s not the culprit here :wink:

I’ve tried to change the animation scale to x5 and the 2 other parameters, but that wouldn’t feel any different :-/ Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Its not alway related to the power plug, there are changes that could solve your problem. I run a build with the kernel changes implemented and see almost no hicks in the app you mentioned.

Would you mind sharing details on which build ?

Custom build is based on these kernel changes. And this device branch.

1 Like

Problem solved for me since today’s OTA update, you should try again your app.

1 Like

Do you have /e/ FP3, or did you flash /e/ yourself?

Yes this is a brand new FP3 where I have flashed the first release of Eelo. Yesterday I have launched the OTA update, so it was not subsequent to flashing. In fact I have opened a Gitlab thread and they were working on it and they told me to check after the OTA update.

I can confirm this is solved too now.

1 Like