ZTE - Axon 7 - install /e/ gives Error 7

Continuing the discussion from ZTE - Axon 7 - axon7 - Documentation Suggestions:

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

Hi @juckendesAuge welcome to the /e/ forum.

I have started a new topic due to the advice in the Documentation Suggestions threads not to raise issues there !

I do not know this device but Error 7 is often associated with an attempt to downgrade Android version. So an Error 7 might happen when one attempts to Install /e/ Nougat on a device already running Android Oreo.

In case of difficulty one might compare your “starting point” with this advice

Caution: Do not install /e/OS on top of a higher version of stock OS. Before installing /e/OS ensure your device has the latest stock OS of the same version as /e/OS. If only lower versions of the stock are available then install the last available lower version before installing /e/OS.

@juckendesAuge ,
With most of the ROMs I have flashed on the Axon 7, editing of the updater-script was required before they would work.

See this post here…

…and some other threads in this section.

EDIT: Plus if you’re on Oreo you will need to downgrrade first. Please peruse the other threads to see if anything applies.