About "Android System" named application

“Android System” application in every Android spy on us.It send our datas to Google and etc.
When we connect to internet,it send our datas.
I think “Android System” application needs not to send our datas.
Developers must edit 'Android System" application in operation system E because of "Android System"application spy on us everytime.

Thank you for the report. Can you provide log files or screenshots of when data is sent by Android System? Such additional information would help the developers to locate and implement privacy improvements.

I have no screenshot and log files but when I turned on my phone without any application everytime Android System app make data sending.How can I understand that Android System app send our data?I can understand because of Android System app has data traffic everytime continously when my phone has no additional app even.
Also I used the AFWall+ app to restrict the Android System app.When I selected all settings in AFWall+ to restrict Android System app all internet connections are losing.
If when I dont all restriction in AFWall+ to restrict Android System app,spying will continue.Maybe when I restrict all settings of Android System connections in AFWall+,it continues the spying on us.
Please edit the Android System app.

That’s what I have written at the beginning of the project. The Google data mining is such deep embedded in android system that we will never get stop it. As you have written, if you will restrict this data mining the complete system will stop running.

The only way to have a data mining free rom is a complete new one which isn’t based on android but on linux. And when I backed this project I thought Gael will create a complete new rom based on linux. Something he has done with Mandrake.

As we all know writing a new Os from scratch is like reinventing the wheel - as the saying goes. Not impossible but certainly time consuming and would need a lot of resources in manpower as well as in finances. /e/ is forked from Lineage and Lineage in turn from AOSP which is owned by Google! Having said that the easier way would be to pick up the AOSP /Lineage code and ‘reform’ it step by step. Which is what is being done at present.

I don’t want to discuss here what the better project focus should be. As long as we (or better e) is a fork of a fork of a fork we will have code in the sources which are owned by google and will send data ‘home’

1 Like

I wish you edit the Android System app because of this spying situation.
This situation is not acceptable.
Please do edit the Android System app.

@ALKaraca have you observed this data leak in Lineage ROM or your stock ROM or is it only in /e/ . Also what phone are you using and what build is currently on it.

I have observed this data leak in Lineage ROM and custom ROM on LG G2.But i havent observed in /e/ because of /e/ hasnt published to LG G2 yet.
Also i observe this situation on HUAWEI P9 LITE 2017 and on all devices that i have examined.

You will find that on EVERY Android rom.

Isnt there any way for prevent to Android System take our data?
I think it may be if developers struggle for it.

I block all G%§$e urls and IPs via hosts file with Adaway and I think that is enough to keep the system from phoning home.
It doesn’t really break the system either. I basically only have two downsides: System will always say that I have no internet connection when logged in to a wifi, but that’s just a cosmetic issue - the connection works fine. The other downside is that I can’t sign up to many websites as the use G’s re-captcha.
Oh and of course blocking G via hosts files will render some microG services useless too.

1 Like

Are you sure to developers will edit the Android System application?

Can you give me all Google url and IP you know?I will block too.

@ALKaraca /e/ development team has taken all efforts to remove traces of google calls from the code. You can check the same from the details on how by reading https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/wiki/en/wikis/faq
Also there are a number of user posts where our users have tested the /e/ ROM and applications and reported issues where any call goes out from the system to google .
The team has removed these as well.
Not saying that the system is perfect now but it is a work in progress and is slowly but surely reaching its goal of cleaning out google-calls or user-data-privacy-violating-calls entirely.
You can check the posts on the forum here https://community.e.foundation/ by filtering on the tags ‘privacy’ for more details.

1 Like

You might want to check your account settings on the phone to make sure all “backup” for any apps and accounts is turned off:
https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/40446/why-is-android-os-uploading-so-much-data

I’m not one of the developers of this project, just a user, but I find it kind of upsetting when people say things like:

I don’t understand why, if you think the situation is so unacceptable, you aren’t struggling for it personally? The sort of work you’re talking about is hard, time-consuming work, and this is a collaborative volunteer effort. It doesn’t seem very fair to the people who are working hard every day to do the best they can to bring you a free, open, privacy-respecting, yet feature-complete mobile operating system to tell them that all that hard work is still “unacceptable”.

Also, this:

People are already working to resolve this situation, just be patient. These things take time.

2 Likes