Advanced Privacy

I don’t know if this works with Bliss launcher, but with, e.g. OpenLauncher, which is the one I use, I can long-press the main screen and add the Advanced Privacy widget.

In general, I don’t want to mess around with privacy settings, I just want /e/ to have a built in one - that’s why I chose it - and not be bothered with settings but just know it’s been taken care of. To have this ‘Advanced Privacy’, the user gets concerned about privacy again and can think: hey, I already thought it was privacy protected.

2 Likes

thanks for this hint. I thought more of a shortcut icon than of a 4*4 widget (which is far too oversized for me)

The wording on this page would be good to clarify. When these slides are set to ‘true’, does that mean these trackers are being blocked?

4 Likes

Until the people force the politicians to make it illegal for companies and organisations to share your ip address (and other sensitive data) with 3rd parties, you will need to have a little understanding of the various levels of privacy. /e/ can’t just default to using TOR or faking your location as things like navigation/maps will become useless.

Just turn it off then?

As far as I can see (24h using v1.0 now), the OS and the Privacy feature works perfect (minus one bug with the PDF viewer dark mode, but it’s an old bug not related with Advanced Privacy).
A great achievement by the Murena team !

1 Like

Are you replying to me? If so I don’t think you understand what I am saying.

I tried the advanced privacy, but I found an anomaly: anonymous IP does not work with the owner user instead it works with the guest user! do you have any advice to solve the problem? thank you!

I solved it by resetting the phone to factory settings, but I would have preferred to fix it in a less drastic way!

1 Like

Ah you’re right, thanks for pointing that out!

Hi there :slightly_smiling_face:,
Advanced Privacy is using VPN, well.
So activating it, Netguard is disconected.
I like a lot Netguard or Personal Dns filter ( but less ) because i can set Host file for the internet.

Should be nice if possible to set host file using Advanced Privacy…

Thanks

1 Like

If you don’t want advanced privacy to use the VPN slot, disable “Hide my IP” only.

1 Like

Hi !

Does it means that the trackers control is working without going through Advance Privacy VPN ?

Thanks!

Absolutely. As well as the location spoofing. Only “Hide my IP” need to use the VPN slot.

Great ! thanks for the quick answer :+1:

I got the same problem : email account blocked after using AdvancedPrivacy.

But also kdeConnect was not working anymore, as well as the train_company’s app SNCFConnect

The solution was to uncheck “hide my IP adress” for these different apps.

I understand that there are complexities beyond my understanding that would all users to exempt location spoofing from specific applications (e.g., navigation apps). However, would it be too difficult to simply make a widget that would allow users to quickly disable just location spoofing whenever a navigation app was required? Also a nice visual indicator from this widget that shows location spoofing was turned off so it could then be turned back on when app was no longer in use…

It would be a nice additional touch of the “off” state was built around a simple timer so the user could set the off state to last for a specific time period (e.g., 1, 2,6,12 hours, 1 day or NEVER) after which it would restore to full protection.

Thanks,

Q!

Hello !

I got the v1.1 OTA update today. Advanced Privacy is on. All trackers blocked (0 trackers allowed), spoofed location, but “hide my IP” disabled (managed by my VPN).
In v1.0, I was notified as “protected” against trackers (Green). In v1.1, I’m notified as “vulnerable” (Red), why that ? What do I have to do to be protected as I was ?
Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.