Android T stable for FP4?

What happens?

What exactly is installed currently? Please refer to [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc.

I don’t think this is necessary for ADB Sideload.

I want to upgrade my FP4 from 1.16s to 1.17t stable without unlocking the bootloader. When I enter the sideload command in adb sideload mode, I get the error: protocol fault (no status).

e/Os version: 1.16-s-20231013341147-stable-FP4

But no worries, I realize it just isn’t done yet and will wait until the stable version is announced.

2 ideas from the internet:

• Use the adb command from current Android SDK Platform Tools to try again. Check adb --version to make sure the latest command really gets used.

• In case an adb process is still running, kill it before trying again.

I did a little research myself. The reason was the ancient adb I was using (from 2014). I actually had to delete the file and manually move the new one to my adb folder, until then Windows used the old version for some reason. Update is installing now :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help AnotherElk!
Update: Flashed your image, no errors during update. Now it boots straight to bootloader. Recovery still worked so I downgraded back to s.

Thanks, the ZIP without “IMG-” works!

Do you have any news about ETA, @Manoj? :slight_smile:

According to the latest Week 50-2023 statement, it is expected to be OTA released with 1.19, ETA mid January 24, if all goes well.

2 Likes

The plan is to target in the Jan mid v1.19 release. Will get a fresh assessment once the teams return from the end of the year vacations.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the update, I’m really looking forward :rocket: enjoy your well deserved holidays and keep up your amazing work :muscle:t2:

It has been there but now it’s gone… :man_shrugging:

The current plan is to release the stable /e/OS T build for FP4 along with the v1.20 release. ETA is mid February :crossed_fingers:

…seen this while downloading " IMG-e-latest-s-FP4.zip " via easy-installer …
Your warning includes this version/way of installing /e/, right?
Is it possible to use " IMG-e-1.18-s-20231207360611-stable-FP4.zip " as further version via easy-installer?

grrrz,
Bric

(sometimes heaven sends procrastinating offers…i rather wanted to flash the FP4 yesterday, but the wheather was too fine…and now your today’s notice)

oh, sorry…
“T” comes after “S” …
Sunday’s mistake.
Will flash the FP4 now.

http://www.head-table.de/

I have a fp4 and I just updated it to 1.20. But I’m still at the ‘s’ version and not the ‘t’. Should I do something specific to get the ‘t’ one ?

Thanks

This is yesterday’s latest statement from Manoj concerning FP4 Android T (13) version upgrade. So hopefully next version 1.21 would bring Android 13 to the FP4.

Thanks for sharing this information. I’ll wait for the next version then :slight_smile:

Hi,
Will FP4 finally get Android 13 upgrade ?
It had been announced for several /e/OS versions, at least v1.19, v1.20, and then v1.21, but the release notes for v1.21T does not mention it (though it mentions that FP3 will be running Android 13…).
I am really longing for this upgrade (as I hope that it might fix several issues I am facing with my Murena FP4, mainly related to Bluetooth, audio, and WIFI).
Thanks for any news in this regard !

2 Likes
1 Like