Any ideas for Bliss improvements?

long click icon for app info,

Hide app,

Change wallpaper

Delete weather widget

when widgets increase place it in new window instead of placing it in a long list in the same page

4 Likes

Bliss is trying to copy iOS, but iOS is copying android features.

They even introduced App Library, which is similar to an App Drawer. I would like to be able to remove everything on Bliss I want.

1 Like

Ah no. They are actually copying features from the jailbreak community. Every year same thing

Not that I am using this launcher but Bliss should support long press app shortcuts (or haptic touch I guess).

2 Likes

Landscape view support, please. Thanks for the great work.

5 Likes

Agreed, esp important given that /e/ will start officially supporting tablets

Just more customization, please! Like organizing the icons the way I want, having more icons per line, possibly changing icons shape, and especially gesture handling!

Thanks for your work!

6 Likes
  • Long press for app info, (very handy to force stop an app…),
  • Better support for Work Profile (or Shelter) shortcuts.

Thank you for the beautiful job.

3 Likes

I agree with some others here that it’s really hard & annoying to move icons around, especially from one drawer/page to the next. Usually the drawer/page flips a second time before I get a chance to place the icon on the nearest one. So I keep moving back and forth between drawers/pages, and keep missing the target-drawer/page. I feel like a clown :confused:
I am spending way too much time trying to get my icons organised. I think it would be very sweet if I were able to move several icons at once. That’s probably my biggest wish for this launcher.
Anyway, thanks for the work, I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

I would like to be able to place the big hour display in the main page, together with the apps, not with the weather.

I think app sugestions is not very useful. I wish I could remove it.

But in general i like the look of the launcher, and tje possibility to group apps i dont use in a single ‘drawer’ and name them, like ‘system apps’. This way, they dont take so much space.

2 Likes

The background of app drawers seems to me too transparent, hiding the icons inside them.

It could be also due to my background image. May be a thin frame around the icons of the drawers would enhance them a little, without changing dramatically the whole aspect of Bliss

1 Like

The gitlab issues cannot be reached any more. So I would like to ask at which state the improvement process is feature-wise.

As I observe, the launcher has not seen any major feature enhancements yet. This is just fine since it is a volunteer effort and the Bliss launcher is developed from scratch and supposed to be non-complex.
I also understand that any major change requests making Bliss more similar to the AOSP launcher are not very useful as you could just use your own launcher (like i.e. Nova) and you would have it all.

I like the Bliss launcher. That said, I really do wish I could remove the search bar and the app suggestions in the widget section. The weather widget is fine with me, there may be people who have another preffered (paid) weather app, they might want to use the resp. widget instead.

Coming from Sailfish there were configuration files you could change to adjust those things. I am not familiar with the code at all but are there any possibilities to change the widget part of Bliss that way?

3 Likes

Please add a Fast way to access the App Info of a specific app.
A lot of apps can be buggy so i need to force stop or clear cache very regularly.

I would suggest a Long press(on app icon) menu. There i would move the deinstallation function and fast access to the app info.

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to place the apps icons where we want them on the screen instead of the actual behavior and of course that seems really basic freedom to me for an OS that aims to empower its users but it’s still not possible to remove this weather thing unfortunately and I don’t understand why

1 Like

Because those builds we use, are beta version, we are beta users and must be abble to test all the features of the project.

Well then I’d gladly test the features allowing us to place the icons where we want them and to remove the weather widget when they feel like releasing them.
I know /e/ is still in beta but it has been a long time now and the release of v1 has been delayed without a new release date. I hope they’ll anounce one really soon

2 Likes

Well, I believe that at /e/ were very brave to challenge google (let’s not forget, it is the richest and most powerful IT company on the planet);

and they have set themselves against google using a tool (android I mean) with which ggl are DOMINING communications and with which they are writing a not exactly bright future, indeed they are laying the foundations for a dystopian and dictatorial society right now.

So, in a small way, we too are a bit of a pioneers in this regard,
which has become a real war against multinationals and governments that too often ally themselves to crush the weakest and erase the freedoms of others.

And no one can take my mind off the fact that google is monitoring right now this project too and has already implemented offensive strategies to undermine it (this is what I would do if I had all that power).

So who cares that /e/ is still in beta, because I really believe that it could be a defence tool against these evil giants, and maybe right now, we too are laying the foundations for a resistance to all this, but perhaps it will be useful only in the near future and maybe not even to us, but to the next generations… who the f**k knows!

3 Likes

I can still reach the Gitlab issues? https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues

I have an issue with the Bliss launcher: when trying to remove an icon, it crashes. (Tried to add something to Gitlab - Issues, but didn’t see how to do that. Is there a manual for that?)
My phone is a S7 bought pre-installed from eStore.
I did this:

• in Signal, in a Conversation, 3-dot-menu, Add to home screen: this shows my contact on the home screen. On second thought, I do not need that, so
  • I select the icon: icons start jiggling and a “-” shows.
  • I click the “-”. I get a message: Do you want to uninstall this shortcut?
  • I click OK. A message shows: Bliss Launcher has stopped. (click to) Open app again.
  • I click to open the app again, and Bliss Launcher opens again, but the Icon is still there.
  • After repeating this two times, the third time the message is “Bliss Launcher keeps stopping. Close app”
  • That works also, relaunches, but Icon still there.

So I am stuck with that icon.
I have had no issues with other app-icons.

Edit: issue raised in /e/ gitlab: Signal icon crashes Bliss launcher.

Try raising an issue on /e/ Gitlab using the information given here