Applications in /e/ "app store"

A number of problems/shortcommings with that approach:

1. Not all processes connecting to the internet are listed in the list of applications. Not even half of the processes can be blocked that way. Give Netguard an try and look at the connection notifications you get. You’ll be surprised by the amount of system processes spilling your information to internet without you knowing/asking/allowing.

2. You can’t block wifi connections, only limit data connections (at least on my Marshmellow device)

3. you can’t block connections to domains. With Netguard you can say it’s OK to use data, but you block the data slurping privacy violations

You’ll be saving a lot on data/wifi traffic by blocking those hosts, consuming less bandwidth and improving your privacy and security.

It does consume some battery power, obviously, as it acts as an always on VPN.

Sorry to be this guy but is there a new ETA for the beta (or any first version including the /e/ app store) ? I think the first delivery was supposed to be in March, but then we didn’t heard a lot from it (reason for delay, blocking point or a change in development focus ?) or I missed something.

Maybe the development is now focused on expanding the hardware support in order to be able to target as much people as possible from the start ? it wouldn’t be a bad decision but it’d be great to know a bit more :slight_smile:

Thanks

I will try it. Unfortunately, I’m using Blokada which uses a VPN, like Netguard, so it’s impossible to use both.

I would like a stt (speech-to-text) keyboard, something like one of these below, but anything that works throughout the whole system would be really good =)
BUT, especially, it must work OFFLINE with a downloaded language pack with no need to send my words to centeral to translate into text
One note
List note
Voice text
Speech texter
Voice notes
Speechnotes

Fielmann App: com.fielmann.kls

Pverde: com.geotapgames.pverde
Kutxabank: com.kutxabank.android&hl
DKV: com.dkv_guiamedica&hl
Euskotren: eus.euskotren.app

thanks!

1 Like

another one:

org.iron.srware

Hi,

Please could you add:

com.linguist

Thanks!

Please add:

com.sonosaurus.tonalenergytuner

Thanks!

And please add as well: Trebuchet Launcher.
com.lineageport.trebuchet

I’ll ask again:
be.bmid.itsme

Could these Apps please be added?

1. myMerlin for Confirm Rx | com.sjm.crmd.patientApp_Android_USA
  2. AUTOsist | com.AutoSist.Screens
  3. Capital One Mobile | com.konylabs.capitalone
  4. CredibleMeds Mobile | org.azcert.crediblemeds
  5. MyQ Garage & Access Control | com.chamberlain.android.liftmaster.myq
  6. Our Groceries Shopping List | com.headcode.ourgroceries
  7. SimpliSafe | com.simplisafe.mobile
  8. StreetComplete | de.westnordost.streetcomplete
  9. YNAB | com.youneedabudget.evergreen.app

Hello, great to see the addition of the App store. I would like to see the addition of the following apps if not already added.

• Nordea Mobile - Sweden | se.nordea.mobilebank
  • Triodos Bank, Banca Móvl | com.indra.itecban.triodosbank.mobile.banking
  • Bank ID Säkerhetsapp | com.bankid.bus
  • Dagens Nyheter | se.dn
  • eldiario.es | es.eldiario.app
  • Vaughan Radio | com.grupovaughan.vaughanradio

Many thanks in advance!

This looks very exciting, looking forward to try /e/, but without this I’m afraid I could regret it:

posteitaliane.posteapp.appposteid
it.carige

fi.op.android.opmobiili
com.yle.webtv
com.holytrinityorthodox.orthodoxcalendar
com.mirkomartinovic.android.molitvenikgr
id=patristicpublishing.jc
gr.hatzigeorgiu.liturgies

Ciao, Poste ID funziona ma Ufficio Postale non funziona la ricerca e visualizzazione da mappa, come certe altre app che usano le mappe G00g1€

de.sipgate.app.satellite

1 Like

be.bmid.itsme
Official id in belgium

1 Like

Please add
com.guglielmini.mokkaevol

com.db.pbc.phototan.db (photo TAN app for large German bank)