Applications in /e/ "app store"

What is the name of this app store to be BTW? Any suggestions?

1 Like

com.flightradar24free (but doesn’t in /e/ for (probaby due to a gxxxxxmaps dependency)

I find

com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client

very useful for file transfer and calendar/contacts sync.
It is free and open source. It works on Windows and on Linux with Wine.

gr.winbank.mobilenext
com.att.android.tfa
com.venturegeeks.efood
gr.cosmote.whatsup
com.mobileloft.alpha.droid
com.EurobankEFG
gr.dei
com.niobiumlabs.android.apps.skroutz
com.myvodafone.android
com.intsig.camscanner
com.marinetraffic.android

:wink: Thank you!

Orange Bank : com.orangebank.android
Microsoft Onedrive : com.microsoft.skydrive
mySosh : com.orange.mysosh
Orange et moi : com.orange.orangeetmoi
nPerf : com.nperf.tester
Xbox : com.microsoft.xboxone.smartglass
Microsoft Launcher : com.microsoft.launcher
Microsoft Wordament : com.microsoft.wordament
Star Walk 2 : com.vitotechnology.StarWalk2
CGR Cinémas : fr.ulr.l3.rc_ta
Jules : com.happychic.jules
H&M : com.hm.goe
OCS : com.orange.ocsgo
Messagerie Vocale Visuelle Orange : com.orange.vvm
Shazam : com.shazam.android
The Old Republic Authenticator : com.bioware.android.apps.authenticator
Playstation Communities : com.playstation.mobilecommunity
Rayman Classic : com.ubisoft.raymananniversary
Jetpack Joyride : com.halfbrick.jetpackjoyride
Citura BUS-TRAM : fr.cityway.android_v2.citura
Flunch : dev.Flunch1
Rue du Commerce : com.rueducommerce
Super Mario Run : com.nintendo.zara
Celio : com.celio.mobileshopper
Fnac Spectacles : fr.tm.fnac
TaM (Tranports Agglomération Montpellier) : com.micropole.android.tam
FDJ : fr.fdj.apps.fdj
Ma Banque : fr.creditagricole.androidapp
Messagerie Vocale Visuelle NRJ Mobile : com.nrj_prod.vvm
Microsoft Edge : com.microsoft.emmx
N26 - La Banque Mobile : de.number26.android
NRJ Mobile : com.nrj_prod.suiviconso
Be Tolerant : fr.betolerantfr.app.application
Ma Carte CA : fr.creditagricole.macarteca
Places by Le Club AccorHotels : fr.accor.lcah.places.android
Businfo Ardenne Métropole : fr.businfo.businfocharleville
BlackPlayer EX Music : com.kodarkooperativet.blackplayerex
Cabaret Vert : com.greencopper.android.festivalcabaretvert
Mon Réseau : com.orange.wifiorange
Orange Téléphone : com.orange.phone
PASS easy - Tisséo - Rechargement de carte : com.tisseo.passeasy

Sometimes i wonder the reasons of people for choosing for eelo, if i see they want to install alot apps from google, microsoft, Amazon, etc.

4 Likes

Well, at least they don’t send all their personal data to Google permanentely! But I agree that apps can be bad too. We are building a better world, not bringing a perfect world.

6 Likes

Because it’s easy to use or because we have been using a service for years and it’s not simple to use alternatives (when it does exist…)

I use Microsoft services since my debut on Internet. I can’t delete my account for multiple reasons
I use Amazon because I buy things (even I prefer FNAC) and I own a FireTV Stick to watch Netflix, Wakanim etc

1 Like

@jonath08 All i hear is “im too spoiled and lazy to change…”
Ofc u dont have to delete all ur accounts but just by using other, none leaking info, apps helps alot more.

And @GaelDuval ofc i understand that a perfect world isnt achievable. But installing eelo because u want to “degoogle” and right after that u install all kinds of info leaking apps, thats not really going for a better world also…

1 Like

It’s not lazyness. It’s just impossible to not use certain services.

But I use Signal (and I talk about it to friends but they stay with FB Messenger, Snapchat etc so it’s hard to avoid these apps/services if I want to keep contact with them), I search on the web mainly with Qwant (who will soon offer mail/maps etc), I have a Netcourrier (french mail service that respects privacy) mail address. I have OsmAnd…

But I can’t be 100% open-source…for now…

3 Likes

@jonath08 I get this too :roll_eyes::unamused:
It’s so terrible how difficult it is to be open source 100%!!
Keep trying. It’s totally worth it!! :+1:

1 Like

Yes, the majority of people are “too lazy to change”, mostly because they don’t care (or don’t know) about privacy. They can’t imagine a life with an alternative that makes them lose 5 seconds because it’s less optimized.

But sometimes you have no alternative. It’s almost impossible to have a 100% open source phone because you need to have a bank app, the train/bus app of your region/country etc.
For instance, I have no alternative for Snapchat. If you know an open source app that can easily send pictures with text on it the way snapchat does, please tell me.

If you have 18 years old, it’s easy to just change your email adress, but when you have 40 years old, and have put your gmail adress everywhere, it takes years before you can delete your account.

If you have a work group that uses Whatsapp, it’s complicated to tell your colleagues and employer “Now I use Signal/Telegram, follow me or fire me !”.

The use of /e/ is already a step forward (and an act of courage when you see the difficulty of the installation), so it’s better than nothing. Actually, /e/ is steal leaking some infos and isn’t perfect yet.
Let people judge their own needs.

To prevent leaks, I suggest the use of Blokada.

5 Likes

But sometimes you have no alternative. It’s almost impossible to have a 100% open source phone because you need to have a bank app, the train/bus app of your region/country etc.

Exactly

For instance, I have no alternative for Snapchat. If you know an open source app that can easily send pictures with text on it the way snapchat does, please tell me.

Yes, I was considering to delete my accound but I remembered that it’s the only app I have to send pictures to certain people.
Do you have problems with audio messages on Snapchat ? Sometimes, I hear nothing. It’s like the message is empty but it’s not. Strange…

By simply using /e/ and the mircog project would be a big step for people. I don’t think blocking bad apps is useful and instead have /e/ come with built in help for people to know and understand what their apps are doing like for example facebook apps like Instagram if you enable the mircophone for stories it will be on recording and sending to Facebook while the app is on. It doesn’t tell people this. I think Gael has mentioned this is a goal. Information awareness will drive change in habits.

Just a few more apps to add. Keep up the good work!!
com.citymapper.app.release
com.mo2o.vueling
net.cheapflightsonline
com.orux.oruxmapsDonate
ch.perspectives.jrifree

Kiko : com.kikocosmetics.android.app
Vinted : fr.vinted
Pull&Bear : com.inditex.pullandbear
Pimkie : fr.pimkie.app
Nocibé : com.pictime.nocibe
SheIn : com.zzkko
Zalando : de.zalando.mobile
Zalando Privé : de.zalando.prive
BonPrix : de.bonprix
Undiz : com.undiz.mobile
Zara : com.inditex.zara
H&M : com.hm.goe
EuraLille : com.unibail.euralille
Villeneuve 2 : com.unibail.villeneuve2

In order to prevent leaks, I suggest to use Netguard. It allows to block WiFi or Data connections per application, provides a host file blocking the internet nasties or you can compile your own file and use that one.

Just follow these steps

2 Likes

@Niels_Heyvaert sounds great!

/e/ can do it without Netguard, in settings > apps > selected app > data.

2 Likes

@darkvadd7 awesome!!!