Applications in /e/ "app store"

For apps which are in F-Droid and Play Store, what version is in Apps?
Maybe this could be an important information to display, from where is the app?

3 Likes

com.startpage.mobile&hl

Thanks!

Hi,

maybe it is not the right place to post this. I find nearly all the apps I wanted on /E/ but i’d suggest if possible to add the app “investir” from the nexspaper investir

Best regards

com.natureguides.birdguide
This the best for the birds

Please note you can directly suggest names of new apps in AppStore in the App itself.
To do this tap on the AppStore icon - it would be named Apps >>Settings >>Request app
Type in the name of your app > Click ‘Submit’ button

3 Likes

How often do the requests via the AppStore get updated into the Store? Also on another note I have come across a couple of apps in the AppStore that just fail to launch, one in particular (co.mona.android) just flashes a message without launching just saying “Please install in Play Store”. I wrote to the company behind the app in question and all they said to me was I “will not be able to use the app without the Play Store on my mobile device”

Is there a way to check on the status of an application that has been requested, but is not yet included in the store?

What is the process/criteria is used to determine whether a submitted application ultimately gets included in the store or not?

It would be really nice to know why an application that has been submitted hasn’t been included yet (pending/rejected/etc…), instead of just getting the message “This app is already available or has been requested”.

1 Like

Good questions. May be we should have a small help document / FAQ with answers to such queries as part of each app.

Usually requests take about 2-3 days to be updated on the app. The better and advisable way to suggest is through the App itself.
Some apps do not install or not work due to mismatch with the OS or other such issues. We have a couple of bugs raised on gitlab as some apps fail on nougat OS.
Agree that it would be good to get a notification as to what works and what does not. So the user is not left guessing.
Have shared all the feedback to the development team.

2 Likes

com.modelmakertools.simplemindpro

hi. where we can look for the progress status for app requests ?

Hi @mike.maggire as yet the feature to monitor progress status for apps requested for addition to the AppStore is not available.

1 Like

Thanks
I found that : https://e.foundation/apps.html. Which is not the status but we know that an app has already been tak into account. Regards

This reply is more out of curiosity not urgency, so I requested an app through the store some time ago, maybe a couple weeks for Bitpay wallet.
com.bitpay.wallet
As of today its not yet available which is odd considering the merchant version of Bitpay (com.bitpay.checkout) is already in the /e/app store. I’ve read on here that’s its typically takes 2-3 days for apps to go up into the store. I’ve requested quite a few via the appstore and the request URL around the same time a few weeks ago and I haven’t seen any of them up in the store just yet. Does this mean they won’t be added? Or because they still say its already been suggested when trying again mean they are still pending?? @Manoj thoughts?

It would mean that the inclusion in still pending. We hope to make the App better in that users who requested a particular app should get a notification as to its status something like To be added / Cannot be added (if not reasons why).

I wonder if there isn’t a way to integrate Magisk Manager somehow in /e/ (avreferral or so). I am aware that the project owners do not want other download sources than their GIT. But i am afraid that if users do not find it in the app store thwy might turn towards some kind of ambiguous alternatives.
.,.just wanted to raise thw topic: As with time I am sure there will be other apks APPS will not be able (or willing) to provide directly.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

1 Like

Hi all

I need this banking app from Crédit Mutuel (france)
The id is : id = com.cm_prod.bad

NB: I tryed to suggest it form the App Store, but only “cm_prod.bad” has been accepted.

Thank you so much

Dear team, I was requesting an app a little while ago (3 months) but for now it has not been integrated into APPS. As it is a bit a ‘special’ case, I was wondering if there is already a procedure how to deal (or not) with apps that cannot be found neither in F-Droid nor in Google’s Play Store.

I was asking for integrating the ‘Trebuchet’ Launcher (com.lineageport.trebuchet) that can be found on XDA.

1 Like

Hi, bank applications are unlikely to be available through our installer soon unfortunately.
Options are:

• use their web app (if any)
  • install the app from an alternative store like Yalp Store or Aurora Store
1 Like

If it’s available at F-droid it will be available on /e/ app installer as well