Boot loop upon factory resetting

Greetings fellow users, i like to rpeface this by saying i did trya to find a solution in the forum first, okay here we go:

it began around 2 days ago, my s9 went to a blackscreen, restarting seemed to have solved the problem, upon trying to enter my sim cards pin it went to a blackscreen again, eventually it worked again, for about a day.
Today it had entirely given up, i was unable to get into the phone again without the blackscreen coming up, i tried factory resetting the phone but it is now stuck in a bootloop, i am very new to all of this still so i apologize for any beginner mistakes i did, or any lackluster information.

P.S. i really dont care about apps themselves, what matters most to me is parts of the itnernal storage id like to recover before reinstalling.

so…i was able to boot into my phone just now and i am downloading the system updates right now (phone was factory reset), i will keep this updated if the problem returns, meanwhile of anybody may have an idea what could have caused such a problem i would greatly appreciate it

i’ve seen it in the backlog - bootloop after factory reset (#4274) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab - did you have similar circumstances, like an sd-card storage as adoptable storage?

i do not have an sdcard in int, but i do have 2 sim cards

If you need to ask again you might mention whether your phone is one from /e/solutions shop and on a stable build, had you already attempted an update, did this turn out to be an upgrade from Oreo to Q. Just some first thoughts!

it indeed was directly from them

i do not recall updating at least this year

im sorry but i dont know what you are referring to

If you had not done an update for a while, this will not be your issue then. But to explain, new to Samsung stable this month is OS OTA Upgrade of S9 / S9+. This will particularly apply to users with /e/solutions Samsungs delivered with Android version “Oreo”, now upgraded OTA to Android 10, aka " Q".

does me being on android 10 now (and so far everything is working normally) answer this question?

and so far everything is working normally

Is all that matters! My initial post was just to help to defie your situation “if you have to ask again”. So glad to hear all resolved OK.

1 Like