Bricked OnePlus Nord

Hi @elhdjrmlifq6, I really would not lose hope … I feel sure you will recover your phone, even if you might have to get outside help.

Please let me review our earlier conversation.

You: Ive also tried 3 different types of USB ports
aibd: I think you are on the right track to try to optimise the “Device | cable | usb port | PC hardware” chain of things.

aibd: From your PC you really only want the port soldered to the motherboard, avoid any hub (bearing in mind some PC / laptop can use an internal hub to power one or more ports).
You: My machine has a regular usb 2, usb 3, and a usb c.

This points to me like an internal usb hub. I don’t actually know.

I would also try thinking of trying to borrow a different PC. This might seem extreme, but your modern PC might contain connections more advanced than the software. Just a guess.

Hi

I installed my phone (Oneplus Nord AC2003 Europe, not Murena) in the same way as @rrumble described, but i started with e-0.23-q-20220401175185-stable and could not install the e-0.23-q-20220511185000-stable update through OTA. The fix also worked for me and i unfortunately got the same battery drain :confused:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all, OP here.
Phone has been recovered to stock os using the proper version of the msm download tool.
The procedure that worked may be found here:

Still having issues reloading murena but since the original problem in this topic is resolved, I’m marking it as solved and closing.

Thank to everyone

Hi, I have the same problem again but this time MSMTool doesn’t recognize the device. Can you tell me how you did it? Because the link doesn’t work anymore. Thank you

oh no!
Was there another update put out?
Here’s a link to the post where I was able to unbrick:

After that, I was able to load Murena/ eos…

Unfortunately the link you attached is no longer available, that’s why I was asking for info.

And yes, I was upgrading from 1.0 to 1.4, since the 1.7 gave me an error while installing…and it happened again…

In device manager, when I plug in the usb holding volume up and volume down, it is recognized as “Quectel QDLoader 9008” and not “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008”
And when there is “QUALCOMM Crashdump mode” on the device screen the PC recognize it as “Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E”
I don’t understand how to fix it…someone can help?

It is very strange that the “Solution” here got hidden or removed from Issues · e · GitLab, as “Bricked OnePlus Nord” caused much distress ! Other nord / avicii issues (including closed) are found in this search: Issues - e - Gitlab #avicii.

/e/OS documentation includes.

Thank you aibd
I managed to do it by changing pc
Maybe the pc maybe the different usb port
I don’t know…