Can not upgrade Galaxy S9+ /e/OS build : T dev from e-1.15 to e-1.18

Well, now you won’t be able to avoid a full Facory reset and lose your data.

May be there is some other option for to change something inside image file for to force delete Final Interface or just for to change any other Launcher to the standard BlissLauncher?

Maybe, but I can’t offer a solution for that. Merry Christmas.

1 Like

OKe. Thank You for help! Merry Christmas 2!

One last thought.
If your e-recovery v1.18-T offers the option “fastboot” under Advanced, send the command fastboot -w from your PC terminal.

vs …

Can not upgrade Galaxy S9+

I am wondering … have you previously been though the Upgrade from Android 11 (R) to Android 13 (T) ?

I do not see Android version mentioned in the thread.

We talk of

• Update /e/OS version like e-1.15-t- to e-1.18-t-
  • or Upgrade of Android version like e-1.15-r- to e-1.18-t-

There is an Upgrade page here https://doc.e.foundation/devices/star2lte/upgrade.

Merry Christmas

1 Like

If he is stuck on an e-1.15 version, i presume it is the e-1.15-q one, based on the Android 10 device tree…

1 Like

Maybe, indeed, but I read

Yes Pierro, you are right. Thank you too!

Now I understand and know why there are no updates in the S9+ menu for more than 3 or 4 months.
I didn’t know that this is because Android 10 firmware is no longer required and an update to Android 13 is required.

I thought that the lack of updates was due to some kind of internal error on the update server or in the link to the update download page itself.

I didn’t pay attention to the fact that the Android OS itself was upgraded to version 13. But in the Android 10 firmware itself, nothing was mentioned about this on the download page.

What to do now?
I currently have Android 13 Android T
e-1.18-t-20231210360971-dev-star2lte.zip

installed on top of last Android 10 Q
e-1.15-q-20230914331056-dev-star2lte.zip

Now it’s clear why my OS doesn’t start as it should.

But I can still enter recovery e-1.18-t, and so adb as fastboot is also available.

I know OTA upgrade from Q to R exist, but not sure if OTA upgrade from R to S or T is available

1. Verify that you already have latest Samsung Firmware installed

2. as T device tree is different than Q one, I think you will need to format /data to start e-1.18-t

Yes thank you. I understand, but it’s important for me to save the data with the previous firmware Android 10 Q. I’ll try to roll back to Android Q
e-1.15-q-20230914331056-dev-star2lte.zip

I see a bookmark with logs entries in recovery. Can somebody tell me how to drag them onto my computer and then here? Maybe there is important information there that can help restore back to Q.

It’s impossible to believe, but I managed to roll back through recovery to Android Q. I simply uploaded the old firmware to Q via ADB sideload and the OS started up like new.

On smartphone:
Power+Bixby+Volume Up buttons together for to enter to
Recovery
Apply update
Apply from ADB
Adb sideload (or cancel)
Enter
USB cable to PC

On windows PC:
Start - Command Prompt
cmd

adb
adb devices

C:\Users\PC_name>adb sideload C:\Users\PC_name\Downloads\e-1.15-q-20230914331056-dev-star2lte.zip

0…47%…Succeeded: result was [x1.000000]

Reboot system now. And that’s all. Voilà:)

Thank you all very much for all your help!

Without you, I would not have been able to determine what the problem was and solve it.

1 Like

I will do full back up now and I will intall via Recovery Android 13 (T)
e-1.18-t-20231210360971-dev-star2lte.zip

Is it correct way from Q to T?
After install I need to do a factory reset and thats all?

That will be the next thing you must deal with !

Find your current vendor patch level in

Settings > About phone > Android version

and compare with the link.

I don’t use Samsung firmware.

The Baseband version will do fine.

… which is definitely Samsung firmware !!

Perhaps think of firmware lying at a level below /e/OS

Last know firmware for Galaxy S9+ was Android 10, One UI 2.5
After that, Samsung did not release newer versions.

Now “Filter by CSC” for your country to find the detail in the format G965FXXUHF…

in order to check if there was a Baseband version more recent to that installed on your device.

What do u mean under “Baseband” ? I do not see any titel with Baseband info.

Link to my device