Can’t change the sound volume while calling someone

Hello all,

since the last Update to Android 12 on my FP3 (1.9.1-s20230405276851-stable-FP3) i have the issue if i call someone, or someone call me the callvolume is always on maximum. Today I noticed that the volume can be regulated normally again for a certain time if you set the volume control manually to max and then turn it down again.

It looks like it is not directly dependent on the device, because it also occurs on the Fairphone4.

When I check Settings > Sound > Call volume I find the call volume is indeed at maximum … does it make any difference if this setting is moved to a lower level … or are you finding call volume is max, independent of the setting here ?

It is independent from the settings. What i do is this:

A call is comming in → accept the call → I notice that the call is at maximum (but the volume control is not) → turning down the volume does not change anything → I set the volume control to maximum → from then now the volume can be controlled normally again.

Hello, exactly same issue for me on FP4 any new?

Same here. New FP5. When calling the volume buttons have no effect, especially when on speaker.

Nice, buy an FP5, same on some call partner and some video streams. Very, very bad.

This makes you wonder why you’re better off with Samsung or Huawei.
Volume is really a standard. Sooo bad.