Cannot add APN for cellular data (roaming)

Hi all

I just got a galaxy S7 with pre-installed /e/. Now I’m trying to set up mobile data (cellular data) with the APN settings from my provider.
I have successfully set up the APN for domestic data connections (This was not straight forward, though, because when I entered all the data at once in Settings > More > Wireless & networks > Cellular networks > Access Point Names, after saving, the entry was not there anymore, and the APN list was empty again, with the message “Access Point Name settings are not available for this user”. I had to enter it in pairs of 2 settings at a time - first name and APN, then save, then edit, add MCC and MNC, then save, then edit, then add APN type etc. to be able to add the APN).
But the same does not work when I try to add the APN for roaming data connections (same APN and all, but different MCC and MNC). I can add all settings in pairs of 2, but as soon as I enter the MCC or MNC, which are different, after saving, the entry disappears from the APN list again.

Very confusing …

I suppose I am missing something here :frowning:
Does anybody have an idea?

Best /m

Hi, thank you for your purchase and sorry for this issue.

APN configuration is sometimes problematic.

I don’t have any true solution, but if nothing works you could try to reset the APN, reset the phone, remove and add your SIM card, things like that until some magic occurs.

I have the same issues with not being able to save APN information. I tried your strategy of entering information in pairs, but at some point during the process the APN is deleted again. Has anyone else encountered this?

Working with GS290 /e/OS 0.16-20210422111920

I bought a Fairphone 4 recently. Unfortunately, I don’t have an internet connection. When I want to add a new APN, if it is registered, I don’t have the possibility to choose it. Why?

In addition, I propose to create a list of increasingly exhaustive values that must be filled in for APNs and each of the operators.

The most complicated part of this process is that when everything is going well, obviously people don’t feel concerned, and this is normal.

Except that SFR is not included, too bad for me.

Thanks for the answer

It can be interesting to have knowledge of the apns-config.xml

I do find 12 matches for SFR there.

Thank you, indeed, you have to choose the right information.
Well, I succeeded anyway by comparing with my operator who then allowed me to find the right information.

For info :
name: SFR webphone
APN: sl2sfr
MCC: 208
MNC: 10
APN type: default,hipri,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4