Cant get oneplus 9 to recovery

is it in a way possible to recover what i did and boot into OS? since the original firmware should still be there because i only flashed the recovery and dtbo & vendor boot img. i have sended a message to the seller , but its frustrating to wait for a reply when you have no spare phone

If you have done no more than flash dtbo, vendor_boot and boot partitions it may just be possible to reinstate those partitions by trial and error; but it would be a lot of work downloading OOS roms and extracting those images with payload dumper go or suchlike. You would be guessing which roms to choose though.

Personally I think you should maybe try extracting those images from the eOS rom you downloaded and try to boot recovery as you did previously. That should work, and if it does not you could maybe take it as a clear indicator that the phone is not on android OOS12. Then make another plan to try installing an android13 rom such as lineage4microg. Make sure you return to the slot you were on when you first started as you have absolutely no idea where you are otherwise.

can i use twrp to flash eos instead of eos recovery? maybe this give more chance to succes. after flashing dtbo and vendor image?
and if it fails because its on android 13 , another user here sended a guide to downgrade it , thats not possible then? because u speak about an alternative if its on android 13 , while it should be possible to downgrade?

Last time I knew anything about twrp it didn’t work with 12 or 13.
The other stuff I don’t know sorry.

You could try to boot twrp without flashing: fastboot boot <whichever twrp it is.img>

If it does not boot twrp on your phone that could tell you at least you do not have android 11, lol

i was able to flash the recovery , i pushed button volume down and power but then its stuck on screen orange state your device has been unlocked and cant be trusted ,

it also cant be turned off when connected to computer so there is no way of turning it on vol down and power button to manually trigger recovery. it always restarts after turning off while connected

what recovery? Do you mean you flashed boot with twrp?

Unplug the device, power it off, then do the button presses. When in recovery re-connect the device.

no , i flashed the eos recovery

it just wont go to recovery , i was able to see stock recovery yesterday just by pressing some unremember random button combination

I think we have already established that recovery is not working by flashing the files you got with the eOS download.
Have you tried payload dumper go and extract the 3 files from the payload?

It’s frustrating I know but you will only get somewhere with this by following some sort of plan and being careful to know where you ae with the device and what you have done.

Let me suggest something and if you agree, I will continue to help.

1. In fastboot, change back to original slot where you started.
  2. In fastboot try fastboot boot twrp. If it boots twrp: download eos R and sideload it.

If not:

3.Extract boot, dtbo, vendor_boot from your eos S download. (I can help if that is a problem)
4.Try flashing these as per eos install instructions (Note: use the extracted boot.img instead of the bundled eos recovery. ie fastboot flash boot boot.img
5. If recovery boots, sideload eos S
If not
6. Pause for thought and discuss options

https://github.com/ssut/payload-dumper-go

this ? : OnePlus - 9 Pro - lemonadep - Documentation Suggestions - #8 by bofh666

i guess , ill take this steps , thanks for helping me out man , its indeed very frustrating , when only having a broken phone which is faster empty then it charges

I can’t get the numbers to work properly in that list!

Anyway, the point of step 2 is to see if oos11 is on device.

fastboot boot twrp.img
< waiting for any device >
downloading ‘boot.img’…
OKAY [ 4.965s]
booting…
OKAY [ 0.482s]
finished. total time: 5.447s

after that it got to fastboot text and stays there

OK, cross OOS11 off your list.

ill now try the next step , extracting

Good luck. I’m staying here.

payload dumper$: unzip e--s--eos.zip payload.bin
this is the command im giving in , opened a cmd into the folder of the payload dumper

outcome : unzip: cannot find or open e--s--eos.zip, e--s--eos.zip.zip or e--s--eos.zip.ZIP.

as i see it auto adds .zip to the end so i try eos without .zip (thats the zip of latest eos)
the forum doesnt add the * symbols , i exactly typed it as showed in the tutorial , named the eos zip to eos.zip

unzip e--s--dev-lemonadep.zip payload.bin
filename of my eos zip is just eos.zip

you can extract the payload.bin from the eos install zip in normal method (linux). Just right click on it and extract.

Instuctions for pdg are in their download

Actually, just checked and they are not.

Here you go:

Command to run pdg

Open terminal in folder containing pdg and target payload.bin

Check payload.bin is the only one in directory with that name!

run: ./payload-dumper-go payload.bin

ok , done. i extracted the content of the eos dev zip