Cant get oneplus 9 to recovery

sideload u say , the eos zip file which i extracted? can i use the sideload command shown in the screenshot on top?

OK, good.
Step 4, try to get a recovery going just like you did first time.
As per the eos install instructions.
In fastboot , flash dtbo, vendor_boot and then boot.img (that’s the “recovery”)

unplug

power off and do the button presses to try and boot recovery.

If it works you can carry on with the eos install instructions (might need a fresh install zip if you didn’t copy before extracting, but i’m not sure about that)

If it doesn’t work let’s assume you have 13 on device and discuss…

booooom , got into recovery
should i wipe first? or just go install eos?

Take it easy and follow eos instructions. Wipe and then sideload.

Is the install zip good? you copied it b4 extracting.?

If no to the above, maybe download again to be safe?

its still installing the update, i see step 2/2 , does take long it seems , to answer your question , i just used the eos zip i downloaded (the same i extracted)

2/2 takes a while yes. Fingers crossed with that zip.

When it finishes and the recovery screen changes and you go to the top left “back” arrow watch out for the text at the bottom of the screen.

Ideally you want “install completed with status 0”

still installing , is it normal that long? its been like 10 min now

No. I think you need to download the install zip again.

it got interupted somehow and phone started back into recovery

If you knocked the phone it might interrup. But it might be dodgy install zip too…

i see something strange , at the recovery screen i see active slot ‘a’ while in terminal at boot.img i see boot_b

Hang on , think i know…

When you sideload the rom , install the os and reboot system when complete: the new os will be on the other slot.

Not sure it would automatically go to other slot if the install was corrupted somehow. Not experienced this before.

Is there anything happening in recovery at the moment?

im redownloading the zip, if the phone was not on a12, what would happen? could this be the reason it took long and interupting suddenly?

Best to take it one step at a time. It’s more likely I think the install zip is not complete.

What’s happening in recovery at the moment please?

The recovery would not have booted would be my opinion. Although I haven’t tested it!

Is there anything happening in the recovery?

i checked the md5 hashes of the first zip and they are identical , so somehow it didnt take it
its now installing the update from the new zip , i also did not change the name of the zip to be sure

OK, fingers crossed. It should only be about 5 mins max in step 2.

But can you tell me…did you have to stop a running process in the recovery or did it just stop? And was there any indication what was going on?