Can't log into https://ecloud.global with new created account

Hello.

I created a brand new /e/ account and installed /e/ on my mobile. While /e/ itself works just fine I cannot log into my /e/ online account at https://ecloud.global
Always get “wrong password”, although it is correct.
Reseting password does not help.
Sending/Receiving email from within /e/ on my mobile works, though.
Is this a known issue? Anyone who can help?
Regards.

Hi, yes the login page is a bit complicated.

You have to log with the /e/ email in lower case.

Ex : username@e.email works
Username@e.email doesn’t work
username doesn’t work

1 Like

Thank you very much.
It works now with lower case!

1 Like

Hi,
I don’t receive emails for resetting password.

Try to enter your @e.email and not your recovery email.
Check your SPAM folder.

did both already :frowning:
I created the account a while ago and never used ecloud.
Should it arrive on my e.email or recovery email?

Hi @gautgaut did you check the documentation here let us know if there are further points that need to be added to the documentation.

Trying to get an invitation with my current email, it says
Sorry! Your email was found as already registered.
I don’t get reset email. Could be that my account was created before all ecloud services were in the final setup. Maybe I should reset it, can you send an invitation email? I don’t have any data to backup. Also my email could be erased.

Hi @gautgaut I would not be able to send a reset email or delete the account …you can follow the instructions to trouble shoot as given here

In case you want to delete the ID Pl follow the instructions given here

Hi @Manoj,
It looks like my account was correctly erased, as I’m not able to access mail server from my /e/ phone anymore. However the email I used to register has not been erased from the database, and thus I can not create a new account. I get following error when trying to register:
"Your email was found as already registered. "

Hi @gautgaut pl can you send the account ID you used to register in a message to contact@e.email
Not heard of this issue before so will update the developers separately as well to look into this.

Just to update I have passed on the details to the dev team and a bug has been raised to check if any user details are being retained post a delete. It should not be the case but if it is then it is a serious issue and we are checking for it.

This topic was handled on a private message if I recall correctly. User data was deleted and the deletion procedure improved. The only part that remains is the one preventing users to sign up again.

Once we publish the self-delete feature, now in final validation phase, users will be able to delete their own accounts and sign up again if they wish to do so, with all data cleared up in between.