Confusion with many WebDAV address books

Automatically my contacts get confused from time to time:

• some dissappear
  • several instances of WebDAV address books are beings activated

I like to have and stay with exactly one address book!
How can this be ensured?

FP3, /e/OS/ 1.17

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

What´s your setup like besides your phone-model?

• What is the WebDAV-counterpart to your phone? Murena-cloud? other?
  • And how is your phone´s adressbook set up? “Murena adressbook”-account? other type of account?
    (check @ → system settings → accounts…) multiple accounts?
  • Do you use an extra app like DAVx5 or strictly only eOS-tools / settings?

For e.g. Murena-cloud one simple setup would be to…

• define the Murena adressbook- account,
  • set this account as default for contacts in settings of contacts-app,
  • define visible contacts therein
  • and that should be it…
1 Like

Good question: I have several entries under Accounts (Konten in German):
my e.email address “…@e.email” with “Murena.io”,
then “…@e.email” with “WebDAV”,
then "Kontakte (…@e.email 1Q) with “WebDAV-Adressbuch”,
then "Webmail (…@e.email yw) with “WebDAV-Adressbuch”,
then "pb (…@e.email 1g) with “WebDAV-Adressbuch”.

1. The first entry seems to be okay. But where from are the others? An I cannot see them in my murena cloud??
  2. I am not aware to use other apps and happy to use only eOS-tools.
  3. If I enter the WebDAV address book entries I find under ‘Account extra settings’ always two times my email address. By ticking each under ‘contacts’ (besides calendar and WEBCAL) always these three entries appear apparently as ‘folder names’:
    i. contacts
    ii. Webmail, contacts imported from snappymail
    iii pb
    Where does all this come from and how to get eventually rid off it and avoid this for the future?

sounds odd … No idea what You did to get these entries… maybe from some import-operation or the like…

I should say I do not use the murena cloud and services, there might be more knowldegeable people around here…

Yet still, what I would do: uncheck these three entries/folders one by one to unsync them and see what happens ( → slider on left side of entry)
best case you can then simply delete two of them and keep the one you want/that works for you

And as long as you simply want to sync with your murena-cloud (more specific: contacts that are stored there) and the above does not help - you might still get rid of all these accounts, start from scratch and set up one “Murena.io” account * (might be needed to set up also “Murena.io Adressbuch” if that does not happen automatically)

*During setup make sure to immediately uncheck (= no sync) everything that you do not want to sync (like eg music, documents photos and the like)

Thanks, that sounds reasonable and I was already thinking like this as well.
But I feel not happy to not knowing, how these entries are appearing again and again and confusing my address book consistency.
I hope, someone from Murena / eOS development could help.

On my phones there are only two Murena accounts shown, one for cloud/sync and one for contacts. One login sets up both. There should not be anything else other than accounts setup or used by other apps.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.