[CUSTOM BUILD] Oneplus One - bacon v1.7-q in Post 7 - MINIMAL_APPS without Advanced Privacy

Without Advanced Privacy.

The following are not installed LibreOffice Viewer, Pdf Viewer, MagicEarth and Advanced Privacy.

Tested for about 48 hours, seems to run well; please test and give feedback.

md5sum@androidfilehost.com

The limited space available for the /e/ filesystem on this device is described here.

• Footnote. I felt that uploading this ROM in the spirit of “exceptional reasons (special development…)” quoting build-e #custom-builds might be acceptable. I made zero attempt to distance the build from /e/. Please advise if this is an incorrect judgement.
2 Likes

I am grateful to the /e/ dev team and the /e/ community here to be able to offer an updated ROM.

md5sum@androidfilehost.com

/e/ build tag ‘v1.4-rc.2-q’
Vendor Patch level pre existed on the device, the last release, 1 Sept 2016
Android security patch level 5 August 2022

The build was made using the vendor-e method

Details of the build method

local_manifest
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- /e/ vendor repo
    ##################################################### -->
    <project path="vendor/e" name="steadfasterX/android_vendor_e" remote="e" revision="v1-q" />
<!--
    #####################################################-->
  <project path="device/oneplus/bacon" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_bacon" />
  <project path="device/oppo/msm8974-common" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_device_oppo_msm8974-common" />
  <project path="kernel/oppo/msm8974" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974" />
  <project path="device/oppo/common" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_device_oppo_common" />
  <project path="hardware/sony/timekeep" remote="github" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_sony_timekeep" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" depth="1" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oppo" path="vendor/oppo" remote="github" depth="1" />
</manifest>
vendorsetup.sh
#!/bin/bash
export EOS_MAX_THREADS=1
export EOS_USE_CCACHE=true
export EOS_CCACHE_SIZE=50G
export EOS_DEVICE=bacon
export EOS_SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted
export EOS_ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx9G"
export EOS_BRANCH_NAME="v1.4-rc-q"
export EOS_MINI_APPS=true
export EOS_RELEASE_TYPE="MINIMAL_APPS_SANS"
Required /e/ packages

Advanced Privacy extracted by editing ‘Required /e/ packages’ in
/vendor/lineage/config/common.mk

Space and size

The ROM occupies this space.

Mounted on	1K-block	Used 	Available 	Use% 
/system		1334432		1235476 98956  		93% /
4 Likes

bacon is not the only device with insuffisant /system partion size.

Ok, it seems a bit naïve, but
What about modifying those devices 's PIT to extand /system size ?

I was considering that at one time before I worked out how to drop Advanced Privacy. It would require special instructions and expert install and I would have to learn how to deal with the original space requirement already written into the Android build scripts. For me I see Advanced Privacy as really advanced privacy and I don’t think I expose myself to many of the hazards from which it protects. So I felt the compromise OK. Thanks for the feedback and I am open to try something if it is needed.

For other devices just collecting df -a from any running ROM will disclose the current partiion size, I think I see why the /system itself (before any apps) is a little big for bacon but I would be very interested to look at other devices with this issue, especially one excluded from modern /e/ for this reason.

I agree. And from reading posts in these forums, it seems that Advanced Privacy has effectively broken many aspects of internet connectivity for many users. Its introduction in the big v1.0 release without any testing in v0.nn beta versions was the main reason I moved all my devices away from /e/OS to LineageOS for Microg. I don’t need the functionality that Advanced Privacy tries to implement, and I do need my internet access to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

In another post [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] e-0.18-r (Red_velvet_cake/android_11_based) for Galaxy s4mini LTE (serranoltexx) GT-I9195 @piero you mentioned 'serranoltexx`.

I don’t seem to be able to manage R builds. For “manual” Q builds I use my 8G RAM together with 16G Swap (part partition part file) and my monitor shows memory spikes using swap nicely to about 13 or 14G Max. When I try R builds, reported to be impossible with 8G RAM, the swap is not used so nicely and the build collapses out of memory at an early stage before the ‘Metalava’ stage where the the “Java heap” adjustment of `-Xmx9G’ is usually called.

But I would be interested to try this as a build if you would like show me the space issue with `-df’, on whatever you are running.

I had an idea that If we had a device that I don’t have and candidate to follow a walkthrough in real time, I might propose a topic with a title like

Journeyman walkthrough of e build for currently unsupported device

I would be using Debian 11, but another user with Ubuntu at the same level – Home - Ubuntu Wiki would be fine as a partner for the walkthough. I would intend to demonstrate the “long route” for maximum learning for me and my partners.

I would welcome real time tips from others with more knowledge than me along the road…

We maybe even try to demonstrate the extract blobs stage if the walkthrough partner had the device – although with I believe TheMuppets available for this device it would not be strictly necessary.

Any volunteer with another device please offer if you like.

If I tried ‘serranoltexx’ it would be nice to know if this was OK with @Chimpthepimp and @itsclarence who are current unofficial builders. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is an update built to the same recipe as Post #2.

e-1.7-q-20221216-MINIMAL_APPS_NoAP-bacon.zip.

https://share.jaguar-network.com/d8ca0d5b-dead-4191-84b6-904a46940122

e-1.7-q-20221216-MINIMAL_APPS_NoAP-bacon.zip.md5sum

2 Likes