Decryption Option

Hi folks,

I installed /e/ on my Galaxy S9 about a month ago and have had very few issues, which was good, until I decided to encrypt.

As soon as I encrypted, all of my contacts disappeared and most of my apps do not work.

Every time I try to open an app, I get the message “ has stopped”. This is particularly infuriating given 2FA requirements for my university, so I’m unable to easily access my work without proper functioning 2FA apps.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Is there a way to unencrypt the installation back to a prior state?

Thanks in advance.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Flash Sky Hawk recovery through existing recovery (/e/'s own, I presume) and use their remove forced encryption function or find a zip file for forced encryption removal to flash through your existing recovery if you don’t want to switch recoveries.

Let’s necromance this to warn others trying to encrypt their S9. I had the same issues as stated above. I am currently looking into recovering my phone with backups I did using TWRP before encrypting my device. I hope they’ll work, if not I hope I will be able to get into my phone and just factory reset it.

It cost me a LOT of time to actually install e on my S9 (I initially bought an S9 because I wanted to try out the easy installer, but this one did not work as well). I should have done more research before trying to encrypt the S9. If I had read stuff like this before I would have not encrypted my phone.

My recommendation to all S9 users on e.os: DO NOT ENCRYPT YOUR PHONE.

There should be a warning about this issue on the S9 page at e.os.