[Device Roadmap] Android 9 (Pie) & 10 (Q) : The plan

And no mention in that post of this device. But there was a post in another thread saying that builds would be made for other devices when working sources are available. That post said ‘before the end of the year.’

I was just wondering if the timescale is any clearer / more specific.

Does the device have a working LOS Q build? If yes it can be easily built on /e/ as well. That means we can add test builds for it to the list.
On the time line if you are looking at a specific date then I do not have it.
Right now the team is fixing some google calls in the code. There was also a report of the music app crashing on the Q builds. After these issues get fixed we will release the test builds again and users can help test them.
New devices / devices which have got LOS 17.1 support recently will also be added to the list of builds.

1 Like

As mentioned above there is an unofficial LOS 17.1 build

Nice! /e/ is becoming greater!

The redmi note 3 does not appear in the lists currently has nougat, and it has custom roms with android 8 9 10 and soon 11.

@Manoj, great to see there are a couple of devices officially on q now! I have a suggestion for the device selector: To add 3 columns: A) currently supported (yes/no), B) start of /e/ support (date), C) end of /e/ support (date). This allows /e/ to keep a history also in this list of previously supported devices, which would be useful, and allows people to immediately see if their device is still supported.

1 Like

@Manoj another suggestion: to add a “device type” category to the list, noting whether the device is a smartphone, tablet, laptop, PC, TV, etc

1 Like

:slight_smile: was discussing this today morning with Romain. Right now we have only 2 tablets in the list so it may be a bit early to a separate selector…have added a filter for 10" which will show up the tablets. This should be visible on the documentation server soon.

2 Likes

is there a reason the two laptops are not in the list?

Hi, @Rik, @Manoj

I am for a CPU, and a RAM/ROM category

Which devices are you referring to.

the olimex and the pinebook

They have a separate tab

Hello nottolino,
I also would try those 10 Roms for the I9300.
From where did you get them? I seem to be unable to find them.

Kind regards

Reiner Schmidt

Hi Reiner. I can’t remember. Just let me check with my 9300 and report it here.
I’m not sure that “10” is referred to the Android version or to the /e/ version

Could we please know what is the estimated time of arrival of /e/ android 10 for the Galaxy S9/S9+?
Thanks in advance!

I respectfully second this reasonable request.

1 Like

If these are the devices you are referring to …the builds are under testing and should be released for all user end of next week.
Screenshot from 2020-12-03 04-49-16 Screenshot from 2020-12-03 04-49-37

4 Likes

Thank you @Manoj for your speedy reply, most appreciated! This is excellent news to me, for sure.

One question for clarity sake: will the current /e/asy installer tool install /e/ Android 10 directly or will a manual install be necessary? Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Great news, thank you for your answer!

1 Like