Do NOT see Samsung S8

Yeah /e/ official OTA update the same, with /e/ unofficial you just flash update manually yourself instead

I’m assuming it’s not the same thing. It would be interesting to know what the official /e/ support says about it.

My attempts have shown that flashing the unofficial builds went without a hitch. But how can “normal” users integrate important security updates into the unofficial build?

Unofficial build when made using Docker pick up the same source code which is there on /e/ . There is no need to manually flash a security patch. The security patch is flashed on to the source code itself and comes into the build.
For example this is an unofficial mia1 build i made for my device. It has the patch for September 2019. It comes in through the code. Usually updates of security patches happen around mid of the month.

Okay @Manoj. This means that if I’ve learned to work with Docker, I can get a brand new build generated every month?

if you want, even every day.

Yeah, but that doesn’t make much sense, does it?

no, better one a month, but not at 1st day of every month, better like every 20th day, or when new security patch will be added to /e/ sources, also good to update when there are some major changes like release of /e/ 0.8

That’s it. What happens to your unofficial builds, @Unknown ? Are they all updated once a month or do they remain snapshots forever?

ill update build only when there a lot of requests from users for a device, because i dont have time and resources to update all my builds every month, i just wanna build like at least one build per device, so users cant test /e/ on a large numbers of devices.

@AirSine and others,

please join our testing group for the S8 / S8+ / Note 8 (Exynos versions).

Thanks,
Arnau