Does /e/ supports Bluetooth conversations

I find that when I use Bluetooth, i can hear my own voice as an echo feedback into the audio.

This happens with earsets and car audio system that both otherwise work with virtually every phone from family members.

Even before the conversation starts, when the phone is still ringing trying to reach my correspondant, I can hear my voice fed back to the audio.

This echo is also heard by the correspondant, so seems to be transmitted as well.

This makes having Bluetooth conversations impossible.

Is this only happening to me ?
Is there a solution for this issue ?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I find that when I use Bluetooth, i can hear my own voice as an echo feedback into the audio.

Is this only happening to me ?
Is there a solution for this issue ?

Not helpful I know, but I’ve had conversations with my Sony WF-SP800N bluetooth earbuds on /e/OS without this issue. Running v0.17 on a OnePlus 6T.

Not sure what would be different with my setup versus yours though.

Probably hardware-specific, but you didn’t specify the device model, /e/ version, … :wink:

I since heard this is called “sidetone” function. I would like to disable.
This happens irrespective of the blutooth device I use. Bose QC Earbuds, in-car sound system, etc.

My phone is GS290 with the stock /e/ version installed,
/e/OS
0.16-20210422111920
Android 10.

Are you able to load the Bose app and adjust the sidetone setting therein? I know with my Sony headphones I can adjust a number of settings on /e/ through the proprietary app in the /e/ app store.

I’ve taken and applied your suggestion to no avail.
Indeed, there is a setting in my Bose Connect app but it does not appear to have any effect on my problem.

For the record, this setting was already at the default position on my previous phone. I have set it to “disabled” to force not having my voice fed back to me but this does not resolve the problem. I still have a huge echo.

Besides, this does not seem to be a good solution to do a per-device settings, as this appears to come from the phone itself. For instance, I have no setting to do that on my car sound system.

Nope.

Definitely come from the phone.

Unfortunately, this makes it impossible to use this phone for bluetooth conversation, which is a huge bummer.

This appears to be a known bug with the GS290. You can track the progress of the bug here: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/2434

Thanks a lot. Indeed, this seems a know bug.
Cheers.