/e/ and Android Auto?

Hi,

i know, /e/ is about avoiding google-stuff wherever possible.
However, has someone managed to get Android Auto running on /e/?

I tried with my FP3, got the grrrrrr…oogle apps installed, the android auto app starts, but does not work…

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

3 Likes

Hello
I have the same problem. I tried AndroidAuto, Automate… Nothing is working !

1 Like

Hi,
For me to impossible to make that working. When I start AndroidAuto the application ask to install “Appli Google”, “GoogleMaps” and “Synthese vocale Google”.
As I refuse, application stop.
And so it is impossible to have OsmAnd on my screen’s car :rage:
It is not AndroidAuto it is GoogleAuto …

Hi,
Yesterday OsmAnd support team said me that Google Service is mandatory to use OsmAnd and AndroidAuto.
As I use “/e/” without any Google software I will never use AndroidAuto.
I asked the team to learn another solution … dream, dream, dream … :zzz:

:frowning: I’ve not made it work neither.

Sad thing is than Android Auto seems to be deeply integrated with google services and AFAIK even microg is not giving support for this feature

Would there be a way to co-sponsor some effort in this area? I would, personally, only need ABRP to run on the car screen, that’s it.

1 Like

Hello everybody!!
/e/OS is really the best Android OS I ever tried. Thanks to all the developers.
e.foundation cloud services are really good for saving contacts and other data outside of google (wihtout google account).
…but Android Auto (or, even better, some other open source way to use car head unit connection) is really a fundamental feature nowadays. Please find a way to add using MicroG.

I tried to follow some of the linked hints, and also some xda threads, but I never succeeded.
If someone had success (hopefully with some stub packages and without putting many google apps in the system/vendor), please contact me. I’m available to write a tutorial/howto/guide for all to benefit.

3 Likes