Samsung Galaxy A3 restarts when connected to WLAN

Hey Guys,

since yesterday I´m using /e/ on my Samsung Galaxy A3 - model: SM-A310F.
When I connect to my WLAN at home first time, the phone restarted endless, till I shut down wlan on the router.

I don´t know how, but sometimes i´m connected to wlan and everything was fine.

Today I turned off wlan on the phone and turned on again, so the restart horror began again!
To delete the my wlan completely from the phone and typed in the netkey again didn´t work.

Do you have any idea what I can do?
Do you need further infos from the phone or system? Pls let me know.

greets

Adrian

Hi, I think you should report the issue on the GitLab in order to add the issue at the device informations. More details of the process here.

1 Like

Anyone else got this issue?
@Adriano you have a Samsung A3 2016 or 2017 ?
Did you create an issue on Gitlab ?

Did you update to the last version?
https://images.ecloud.global/dev/a3xeltexx/

@Superman
I use Samsung A3 2016.
In the meantime I know 2 other guys with the same problem.
We communicate on this topic: Problem installing /e/ on Samsung A3 2016
An other of us created also a github issue.
I installed some earlier updates till beginning May. But the problem was not solved.
Today I will update to the latest version.

Same issue on Samsung J7 2015 J700M.
As a side note, although I didn’t have boot loops, I also used to have problems remaining connected to WLAN on other custom 7.1 ROMs, but NOT on 6.0 or 7.0. what might have changed between 7.0 and 7.1? Possibly help in investigating.

Hi Guys,

I saw that there is a solution for the wifi Problem.

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/management/issues/263

When will we get the update on Samsung Galaxy A3?

@rhunault @Manoj

Please can you share the device codes for the device. The reason is we were trying to build /e/ for some of these devices using updated code and it was throwing errors as in saying that it was not supported.
You can get the device code by typing this on an adb enabled PC connected to your phone.

adb shell getprop ro.product.device

Hi Manoj,

adb says the device code for my phone is a3xeltexx.

I hope you´ll find a solution. If I can help you once more, please let me know.

Hi, I have the same problem with an A3. Same device code as above.
Just to be clear: During initial setup at the point where connection is made to wifi the reboot loop starts. This only stops if I turn off the router, then setup can be completed to successful boot into home screen. As soon as wifi is turned on the phone starts a reboot loop again.
I also have an issue with bluetooth, it connects to the car bur there is no sound heard by either party during an attempted call.

Hi everybody,

same device and same behavior here like Colin explained.
I use lineageos (16.0-20191028-microG-a3xelte) wich works fine.

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310F was released December 2015 and started with StockROM Android 5.1.1 followed by Android 6.0.1 and 7.0. The baseband version (bootloader/modem) has also been changed.

Maybe it can help to import the last baseband version of StockROM 7.0 with the corresponding country code with Samsung Odin or Heimdall and reset WLAN, mobile data & Bluetooth as well as APN settings to their default values.

Hi archie,

we will try any possibility which could be solve the problem. Unfortunately I´m not so fit in those things.
Maybe you can send me a PM and explain it in German (I saw you are able to speak) or maybe an other user which have better skills will try your possibility?

Hello @Adriano,
my idea offers no guarantee for success. But let’s give it a try …

We can discuss everything in public. Maybe someday somebody will profit from our conversation.

You can also join the /e/ Deutsch group and open a thread there, e.g. with the title “Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A310F Bootloader / Baseband Firmware”. There we can communicate in the German language. This is also easier for me, because German is my native language.

Before we get started, two questions:

1. from which StockROM Android did you switch to /e/ OS?

2. what is your current baseband version code your device is currently equipped with?
    Check out: Settings > About phone > Baseband version … e.g.: A310FXXU4CRF1

You all right?

Is this device officially supported by LOS. I think I and @Unknown had tried to build an /e/ Pie test ROM for the same device and it failed.

Hi archie,

it´s not necessary to create a further topic in german. Lets continue in english. The language is not the problem.

1. I bought an used phone Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310F on the internet and set it back to the original settings. Unfortunately I dont´t know the Android version.

2. my baseband version is: A310FXXU4CRF1

Bad news @Adriano,

this baseband version is from the latest StockROM Android 7.0 * DBT - Germaxy * Security Patch Level 2018-06-01.

In my opinion this way is not a possible solution. Too bad.

Update

Nope. Original Samsung / Android.

Unfortunately I don´t understand the reason.
Is the phone too old or the new?
Does it mean all Galaxy A3 devices are “unfixable”?

@Adriano, my idea was to replace the modem firmware. Since your device is already using the latest provider free (DBT) version (= A310FXXU4CRF1), it doesn’t make sense to reinstall it. That’s why I said “bad news”.

Personally, I would try anything to get the device up and running. I have expected a lot from other Samsung devices - and they all still work fine, whether with /e/OS or LineageOS 16.0 or LOS 17.0 Android 10.

However, since I can’t foresee the effects that further possible approaches would have on your device, I don’t dare to make you any further suggestions. I don’t want to be responsible for further frustration with you. You surely understand that?