e/OS cannot be updated - stuck on old version

Hello everyone!

I don’t know if this is the right place for my thread, but I need help with my e/OS. I have an Xperia XA2 which has not been updated for some time. Specifically, the device is running /e/OS 1.8.1-20230207257879-pioneer, which is now from February 2023. Is my phone simply not getting any more updates or is there something wrong with the OS?

Best regards!

This corresponds to 1.8.1-q-20230207257879-dev-pioneer, which was the last build for your device based on Android 10 (Q) according to /e/OS dev pioneer download

Upgrades are available up to Android 13 (T), which is a good situation your device is in, regular updates continue on this base.
Upgrades to newer Android versions are not available via the updater for your device (only a select few devices and a select few upgrade steps are being done this way, it’s a lot of development and testing work, if interested see the weekly posts in Topics tagged development-updates, section “OS OTA Related information” currently).

So, to get your phone any further and receive regular updates again, you will need to install the current /e/OS version from scratch, instructions are here … Install /e/OS on a Sony Xperia XA2 - “pioneer”. This will wipe your data, so be prepared with a backup of all your important stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.