e/OS June 27 Update Installation Aborted?

Not sure what to do as “Apply Update” is a bit scary at this point. When I “Reboot system now”, I am returned to the previous version.

Looking for help on what to do next. Thanks.

Also posted here:
https://community.myteracube.com/t/e-os-june-27-update-installation-aborted/3875

What exactly does it say in Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/ OS version (can be long-tapped and copied to clipboard since Android 10)?

Recovery version 0.17 looks odd. Shouldn’t this match the OS version? But I don’t have the device, I wouldn’t know. (It matches on my device.)

It says Android 10.
e_2e-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20220526.101310 dev-keys,stable-release

So it’s the 2e variant from 2020, ok.

For the 2021 variant there’s a topic regarding 1.1 here … Teracube 2e 2021 not booting after e/os 1.1-r fresh install issue … could the 1.1 builds for both Teracube 2e variants simply be broken currently, @Manoj ?

Or it could be the recovery. Here’s a topic about the well-known alternative TWRP recovery on the Teracube 2e, if you’re feeling adventurous … TWRP replacement for eRecovery on Murena Teracube 2e (/e/ OS preinstalled)?

I have passed this detail on to the dev team. Will update if there is a response.

1 Like

There is an issue on gitlab
Suggest users with the issue add their comment to the bug …add the build and device version details

If facing an issue signing on to gitlab refer this guide

1 Like

I am a bit confused about the recovery thing. If the Updater shows an update and one is already on v1.0, the download and installation would be done via the Updater. Why is the recovery being used?

As pointed out, the recovery version is not right. It should match the OS. On my two devices with /e/OS 1.1 the recovery has the same version. In your case the recovery should be 1.0 I guess.

On my Teracube T2e emerald 2nd batch there was no issues going from 0.23 to 1.0 to 1.1 using the in-ROM updater (Android 11/R).

Granted, it’s not 1st batch with Q but the update procedure should not be any different.

Depends on the device. There are at least two general ways to update technically.

On non-A/B devices the usual way is that an update package gets downloaded to a certain folder, then the phone reboots into recovery, then the recovery will try to install the update package and reboot afterwards.

On A/B devices, the updater will install the updated OS in the background on the unused slot of the two available OS slots while the user can still use the phone, and the necessary reboot will only switch the actively used OS slot to the updated one.

At least that’s my understanding so far.

The install instructions for the 2020 2e don’t mention any slot, the install instructions for the 2021 2e do (in the form of _a and fastboot --set-active=a).
I don’t have the devices, I don’t know whether that’s any indication for updating in different ways, but it caught my eye.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. Didn’t realize the two versions were that different.
:+1:

@Manoj Thanks for the info. I will look into gitlab and refer to the guide.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.