Easy Installer fails halfway through (Galaxy S7)

Wow, how fast time flies: 13 days later.

@ParksandRec, normally, an S7 OTA update should be installed automatically using TWRP Recovery. If this does not happen, there is an issue.

Now there is the possibility to update manually. If the download via OTA worked, but the installation did not, then start the device in Recovery Mode. Use TWRP “Install” to navigate to the directory /data/lineageos_updates and tap on the file e-0.14-o-2021012798648-dev-herolte.zip.

If the update file is not available, download the current /e/ OS e-0.14-o-2021012798648-dev-herolte and transfer it to the internal memory or a microSD card. From there, the update can also be triggered via TWRP “Install”. Everything alright?

Can you guess what the issue is, if I can’t update automatically?
Do I need to wipe Cache/Dalvik after installing the update manually? Yes, installing the update manually worked. Thank you again.
Should I update TWRP and if yes, what’s the best way to do it?
Thank you so much for the quick help. I’d have given up on this long ago…

The TWRP install feature can install another TWRP version
But for Oreo the TWRP 3.3.x-x is the best

As long as you are working with /e/OS Oreo 8.1, the installed version TWRP 3.3.1-0 is absolutely sufficient.

It’s only given up when the device is physically broken … :))

I would have been mentally broken way before that :wink:

Bonjour @piero J’ai exactement le même problème que ParksandRec avec le même téléphone.

Toutefois, pourrais-tu me transmettre les explications en français car là je t’avoue que je vais vraiment galérer…

Merci infiniment

Je viens d’utiliser la traduction de @Anonyme. En jonglant entre ces manips et l’appli ça semble fonctionner. Je suis à l’etape où le logo e fait du basket-ball… Par contre c’est vraiment très long cette phase ou c’est que pour moi ? (Ça fait 20 min)

Re…
Après plus de 4h j’ai toujours le logo e animé sur mon téléphone…

Bon Jour, @Jog

C’est tout a fait normal car je crois qu’il manque une etape dans le TUTO :
Rebooter en mode recovery après ”format /data" et avant de pouvoir de nouveau utiliser la partition.

Peux tu arreter l’appareil avec les boutons
home + power ?

Et démarrer en mode recovery avec les boutons
Home + volume haut + power ?

Dans TWRP Choisir “Reboot System” ?

Tout d’abord merci pour ta réponse.

J’ai réussi à rebooter le téléphone refais toute la procédure présenté par @Anonyme, mais à la fin mon téléphone n’a pas affiché le logo /e/. Je voyais en fond le dernier menu présenté puis l’écran s’est éteint après un certain temps.
Et après 1h30 l’écran est toujours noir et les combinaisons de touches home+power ; home + volume haut + power ; home + volume haut + power ne donne strictement rien…

if you see something like that :

… … It … FAILED … ! … …

this is the Official Stock Vendor Samsung / Gogol Firmware Recovery screen !
Please re-read and retry the flashing process of TWRP.

les boutons haut et bas sont peut-etre inversés sur le s7, pour les modes download et recovery

1 Like

Merci pour les réponses. J’ai pu rebooter.

J’ai refait toutes les manip présentées. Le téléphone présente le fameux e depuis 2h… On a voir

1 Like

Mlaheureusement le “e” est resté toute la nuit et le lendemain… sans que le téléphone ne veuille redémarrer…

Reboot into TWRP recovery

Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition.`

Reboot into TWRP recovery again

To be on the safe side and for testing, clear again:

Wipe > Advanced Wipe
Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System and Data.`

now, install/e/

En utilisant une version plus ancienne du /e/ ROM ça fonctionne parfaitement ! Merci infiniment !! Vive la libération

Bonjour @piero je lis ce topic et je comprends que Easy-installer n’est pas la methode recommandée pour installer /e/ ? Je me réjouissais d’avoir un telephone supporté par Easy-Intaller mais je me suis réjouis un peu vite ?

I tried using this method but when I choose update from SD cardit laods the file but is says signature verification failed.
Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Thanx a lot !

Does TWRP show a check box for Signature verification ? If yes do not check this box to avoid the “Signature verification failed” message.

Thank you aibd This TWRP is the recovery menu inside the phone isn’t it? I only see an option to install update from SD but no checkbox. Could it be I have installed a to recent twrp with odin3.I installed this version twrp-3.7.0_9-1-hero2lte.img.tar
and I try to use this version to update e-1.17-q-20231109350746-stable-hero2lte.zip

I tried to upload a screenshot but that did not work.Not my lucky night I guess :wink:

Just discovered the twrp install failed. I am getting the classic recovery screen with the tiny letters Not a twrp menu.