Ecloud.global maintenance scheduled *today* 16:00 CEST

OK good news! :slight_smile:

We have migrated back to V1 server, but implemented some of the architecture and performance improvements we had in the new setup. We let traffic flow for a test and it had pretty good results, although it finished a bit abruptly so you may have received (again) some error messages in your phone for a couple of minutes.

As you may have noticed, email service is down now as we synchronize the files back to its new location. We expect about a couple of hours to bring it back up, and another one until we can restore the account creation/deletion process. After that all services should be fully restored.

As mentioned above, you should not lose any of your emails since they will eventually be delivered when the e.email server is back up.

Kind regards,
Arnau

11 Likes

Hi @arnauvp, thanks for your update and the work of the whole team!
Just for the sake of curiosity, does this mean you will keep things in our old servers or do you plan to make the move later?

Thank you all for the huge work youā€™ve been handling since friday and your determination to bring back the services on !!

Itā€™s very hard sometimes to revert back and to accept not reaching the objective. But itā€™s the right decision and you took it in time !!!

ā€œNote pour plus tardā€ : When you have this kind of significative maintenance, please, please, warn us a few days before :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all your efforts !!

1 Like

Hi,

We plan to move again as soon as we are ready :slight_smile:

Thanks

2 Likes

Salut Frederic,

Thank you for the kind works, they mean a lot after these hard days.

ā€œNote pour plus tardā€ : When you have this kind of significative maintenance, please, please, warn us a few days before :slight_smile:

Totally agree, apologies for that :slightly_frowning_face:
The plan was to give about a weekā€™s notice but different factors came up and it would have meant pushing the migration date 1 week more. All usage tests were satisfactory, even some stress/load test, and we were confident it would mean a big improvement.

I hope to be able to provide further information on the subject in a few weeks, although with this thread I hope I kept you on the loop, even though it clearly doesnā€™t make up for the nasty surprise weā€™ve all faced.

Cordialement,
Arnau

7 Likes

Hi, Just checking in to see if thereā€™s an ETA on the service being back up and running ? My emailā€™s fine but still no access to the ecloud.

Iā€™ve turned off nextcloud for now as it was just polling and getting nowhere so I didnā€™t want to be waiting for ages and then find it was up and running :slight_smile:

Still in maintenance mode Juli 5, 22:20 hrs. On the phone I don know, only use the Nextcloud desktop.

Hi everyone,

the service is partially back up:

• sending and receiving email via IMAP client
  • account creation & deletion
  • webmail
  • notes
  • web settings
  • activity

What doesnā€™t work (traffic being temporarily blocked):

• DAV sync
  • contacts
  • calendar
  • files/photos

Tomorrow we will work on adjusting the configuration to fully restore the rest of the services.

No doubt we are terribly sorry by the problems caused.

Arnau

5 Likes

Thanks for your hard work, good luck with the next phase . I lost access to my contacts but I had a backup on SD card. :+1:

No worries from my side. Great that you are doing this. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your work and keeping us informed. Files an syncing will generate a lot of traffic.

In German we say: ā€œGut Ding braucht Weile!ā€
Thanks for your effort!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your effort.
Do please keep us informed.

Notes is completely fucked up. Various notes appear multiple times. Deleted notes are back. Syncing circle doesnt go away.

Just stumbled upon e when migration was already onā€¦
Set up my new FP 3 with e, works fantastically with e and without google. So canā€™t wait to discover ecloud and all services, but take your time to set everything up. ā€œGut Ding will Weile haben.ā€ Thumbs up
Thanks for your work!

2 Likes

Is anyone else having problems today? For the web app I get the error ā€œ503 Service Temporarily Unavailableā€. My phone canā€™t detect my SIM for some reason so I reinstalled the ROM but I couldnā€™t log into my account there either. Iā€™m a bit stuck now.

@le_trnsptr Please, be patient. The server is yelling various errors in several hours period. I guess that admins are working day and night.

How do u turn off nextcloud? Is that /e/ Drive under system apps?

See the first post by Gael for up to date infos. Thanks , Gael.

Hi,

And what was wrong with OVH?