Ecloud.global maintenance scheduled *today* 16:00 CEST

I guess all who use the services have problems.
Email via the app works.
Regarding your sim I think the issue is unrelated to the works on the server. @Manoj can you confirm that? Users have the the the contacts are temporarily ‘lost’ if synced to the server. The first post by Gael pretty much summarizes the current situation.

The ecloud maintenance does not have anything to do with the sim not getting detected. The only issue will be when you try to access ecloud or account through the phone.

became 5 days

Should I log out for your convenience? The NextCloud desktop tries to connect continuously. An update on the maintenance problems would be welcome here.

Methinks, this is a good idea. I did this. Under /e/ OS you can turn off the syncing. @GaelDuval I assume there will be a notification by email (for those who have the news abo) right? In the long run it would be great to have a tool that automattically notifies user about town times. For example, disroot.org has this in their app (albeit the user needs to check this semi manually)

Hi all,
I need to have my calendar now because there I have some codes, that now I don’t have in local.
Could you send to my /e/ e-mail, the VCF exported file of my calendar ?
Is really important.
(my /e/ e-mail is the same related to this community account)
Thank you in advance!

Maybe it is best to drop a message to support@e.email.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Gael and ecloud team,

In relation to the announcement of eCloud not being available I wondered if approaching Nicolas at https://yourownnet.net for storage options could be helpful?

I currently use their service for my Nextcloud storage and have had a good experience.

Cheers,
Patrick

1 Like

I wasn’t having a go, I’ve been having numerous problems with my ageing gear and I was just trying to work out where the separate problems lay. The SIM card is a separate issue, everything just happened to happen at the same time.

I think on main page ecloud.global should be a news ticker about the maintenance, so everybody could see the actual status.
In the moment, no one really knows what’s going on and that’s very frustrating for a lot of us.

1 Like

Today the 8th of July 2020, the system is still down. Connexion impossible on PC, synchro with Mobile: we don’t know, I don’t see any failure on my Mobile, but I can’t see if the synchro is done, being impossible to connect with PC.
To much time to solve this, with a paying service we would be out since a long time.
I think they tried to do two important things at the same time : upgrade and change of server. It would have been better to do one thing after the other.

Dear all, as part of the plan to recover all services, the /e/ mail access will be unavailable for more than 30mn this morning.
This downtime starts in about 5 mins ( 10:03 CEST)

Update: Email is back, should be fully operational.

ecloud should also be available now.

6 Likes

How do you do that on the phone? It’s not just that the sync errors annoy me personally, I also convinced someone else to use /e/ very recently and so these errors come at a very inopportune time. I would like to help the person turn off syncing in the meantime.

Right now https://ecloud.global runs fine, and faster than ever ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Settings -> Accounts -> your /e/ account -> Account sync.

1 Like

In system settings / accounts / /e/ you can disable the sync

1 Like

Yes, back online, syncing now. Thank you.

For now the ecloud infrastructure is the same as old only difference is it has NextCloud 18 and a more powerful server.
There was a long, long delay in getting things set up for which we sincerely apologize to all. We thank users for the patience and support during this period.
The upgrade to the new infrastructure will take place at a later - announced in advance - date.
The only difference will be that the next time round the team will go ahead with the confidence of having learnt a great lesson from this experience.

21 Likes

Hey!
Thanks for your work!
Do you plan to write a post-mortem about that issue?
I, as a developer, would be glad to read about the issue and how you manage to solve it.

Thanks again

5 Likes

A dissection and postmortem are definitely on the cards.

7 Likes

Thank you people from the programming team for all your time and effort. There is no growing-process without mistakes :slight_smile: Keep going on - /e/ is great project. Thank you !

11 Likes