Ecloud Selfhosting 1.10 error

Stuck at this screen. Nothing else works from that point.

Need additional guidance on VPS providers that would support more than 1 line of reverse DNS settings

additional errors

@manoj this to be merged with Ecloud Selfhosting (Beta), thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @smu44 have passed on to the team to take it further

1 Like

Hello @joe009

what do you mean by VPS providers supporting more than one line of reverse DNS ?

the important thing you need to set is :

then you can validate that, when you test your ip with a tool like this, it answers correctly to your mail.privclood.com dns entry

I was able to install all the way untill nextcloud install

however, getting this error

@manoj I think there is a problem with MYSQL username settings in the installation script, and the additional step is neccessary to connect the database with the proper credentials.

in fact when I looked at the files on my VPS server, mysql isnt even installed, so which database is it connecting to? What are the proper credentials for the nextcloud to start working? Where can I edit root@localhost to connect it to the proper database?

You may:

Obviously, your DNS records are OK now, so it should run flawlessly :smiley_cat:

It goes to the Docker mariadb container, you won’t see anything at host.
But there is a known bug when restarting an interrupted install, please see my previous post.

2 Likes

I did that, here is another set of errors

for reverse dns on VPS:
do I put VPSIP → to mail.privclood.com or VPSIP → to privclood.com?
what if any TXT settings should go to domain dns?

mail.privclood.com. is OK.
Further forward records, including TXT type, are to be set in DNS zone (aside of A, CNAME, MX, … records).

Bind error on port 25, “address already in use”: you have something already locking the 25/TCP port, maybe on host.

Did you install any Postfix on host?
You can check the program already listening on port 25 with netstat -Wnpla|grep "0.0.0.0:25", please output result here.

Also please ensure your host is compliant with https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/infra/ecloud-selfhosting/-/tree/master/#create-an-ubuntu-server-instance : OOTB distro, as clean as possible.
Could you please share your hosting setup: provider, plan, image used, … ?

Hi @joe009 !
Did you manage to install successfully, or do you still have problems?

1 Like

Yeah i changed the vps provider, dont ever use ovh they are buggy and not many guidance, other cheaper vps work with no problems. Now trying to figure out how to enable server side encryption

2 Likes

I type in credentials into the mail subdomain which I got from Your credentials for postfix admin .

However, it returns an error saying it is incorrect. Does anyone know why its incorrect if I copied it directly from bash /mnt/repo-base/scripts/show-info.sh?

and snappymail returns error:
Can’t connect to server

Server message: Can’t connect to host “tcp://localhost:143”

Are you sure that the setup script (bootstrap) went fine, all to the end (“Please reboot your server now” message)?
Did you keep any trace of it ?

Reading your questions, I have a strong feeling that install scripts hang somewhere and didn’t go to the end …

Please try, as is:

• cd /mnt/repo-base
  • . scripts/base.sh
  • docker-compose exec -T postfixadmin /postfixadmin/scripts/postfixadmin-cli admin add $ALT_EMAIL --password $PFA_SUPERADMIN_PASSWORD --password2 $PFA_SUPERADMIN_PASSWORD --superadmin 1

Note: it is exactly what the setup script (postinstall.sh) should have done …

This is because the mail server isn’t running in Nexctloud container (“localhost” within Nextcloud container is himself), but a separate “mailserver” container.

Please:

• connect to your Nextcloud with your ncadmin user (you can get it from show_info.sh script)

• click on your avatar at top right, choose “Administration settings”, go to “Additional settings” in the list at left, then click “Go to SnappyMail Webmail admin panel” in the page

• in SnappyMail admin, choose “Domains” in the left list

• you should see a list of domains, only yours should be active (check box at end of line)

• click on your domain name, it should pop-up parameters like this:

• → “Server” must be “mailserver” for every IMAP, SMTP, SIEVE tab

• you can test the settings using button at bottom with any valid user’s email address and password you added: tabs names must all turn green: