Ecloud Service update Announcement: 20 Aug : 4:30 AM CEST

:warning: Please note: On August 20th, starting at 4:30 AM CEST, our ecloud service will be interrupted for a few hours as we launch an infrastructure update. This will also impact email use for a short time

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

3 Likes

good luck. Last time the few hours where a few days :wink:

fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

Reminder:

:warning: Please note: On August 20th , starting at 4:30 AM CEST, our ecloud service will be interrupted for a few hours as we launch an infrastructure update. This will also impact email use for a short time

:loudspeaker: Reminder

:warning: Please note: On August 20th , starting at 4:30 AM CEST, our ecloud service will be interrupted for a few hours as we launch an infrastructure update. This will also impact email use for a short time

Please cosider to send a reminder via newsletter
thx

:loudspeaker: Status update:

Our ecloud infrastructure update is going as planned and still running.

Thank you for your patience and support!

1 Like

Emails are operational. Thx

Yes, but only with an email client, still no access to ecloud.global, with a web browser.

loudspeaker: An update from the dev team on the progress of the update :

• Mail service is back up
  • We are working on nextcloud and aim to have it up by 4 PM, it will depend on the testing.
1 Like

Thanks for the news.
Will Onlyoffice work as soon as Nextcloud is back ?

Once ecloud is restored we expect all current features to be working.

1 Like

My devices started syncing again at ~2025. :thumbsup:

Some trouble(s) to restore ecloud ?

Congratulations!

@Manoj, out of curiosity, was this upgrade the one that did not succeed several weeks ago?

Yes this is the same upgrade / migration we had an issue with some weeks back.
Will get back on this thread with what is new in this migrations/ upgrade.

1 Like

Since yesterday evening (CET) my phone can’t sync anything. It keeps informing me that there are sync issues.

Can you try and restart the phone and check if the issue is still there. As mentioned in this thread we had a scheduled maintenance yesterday.

:loudspeaker:
An update from the development team

• Both Mail and ecloud.global are working now.
  • New acccount creation is blocked for now. This is due to some changes which conflict with Gmail policies. The team is working on resolving these.
    Sending and receiving of mails from Gmail and Outlook should also be working for existing accounts.

Purpose of this exercise
Improve functioning of ecloud
Handling redundancy / load balancing

What is different now

3 different NC servers handling the load + plus an email server + plus distributed/scalable storage

Any new features introduced

• Not right now.

The team is testing the load on the newly setup configuration.

Issues we are monitoring

• Slow uploads on the web UI
  • Error messages on first logins (504 gateway timeout)
    This should not impact native clients

We will have the team share more technical details once they are done with the monitoring of the new setup.

2 Likes

Interesting:
I received the notification email on my phone that you answered to my post, so email obviously synced. Nevertheless, even after the restart I keep getting notifications that there is a HTTP 504 error from account manager for:

• Contacts (xxx.yyy@e.email jQ)
  • two errors about “Persönlich”

I use the standard apps on my FP3.