Encoding issue on a document

Hello,

I’m using onlyoffice through the SaaS Murena.
Today, I’ve got a popup when opening my document (cf photo attached)
It was about Encoding something
I didn’t know what to do, I click on: Ok.
Then I’ve got this result and impossible to retrieve my document with version history

Can you help me ?

Thanks a lot

Rémi

you could turn to murena support. I wonder if you can recover anything through the file-browser-view instead of through onlyoffice.

What you see in the screenshot is a unparsed docx document. I guess there was some byte corruption what prompted the “encoding something” dialog.

There have been reports of data loss in onlyoffice and thus users asking for Collabora - https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/6218

Thanks for your answer!
Shoud I go to gitlab to report to murena support?

if you’re a paying subscriber, contact the support sure (if not you can still try but need to ask yourself with what resources they’re supposed to fix it).

Did that file “2024_ODJ-CR.docx” if downloaded ever opened in a local office program?

If I’d be methodical, I’d restore the file from a backup and look at binary differences to the one that is opened unparsed (ignoring pure content changes).

Thanks tcecyk

How can I restore? From which backup?
What information can I get with the binary differences?

I don’t know if the file were ever opened in a local office program. I’m asking

sorry, that was misleading. You do not have access to backups. You’ll need support from server people to do this. As said I think this avenue is open if you are a customer to murena.

But for what you can do: if it opens in onlyoffice even if wrongly-opened, the file should still be there in the file browser. If you try to open this from an offline office app, what happens?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.