eOS 1.8.1 echo on Samsung S7, goes away with 1.9-Beta

Hi,
I have the non speaker Echo problem on my samsung S7 SM-G930F, someone here is suggesting the problem goes away on 1.9-beta.

How does one enable upgrade to ‘beta’ versions, and if one only wants it for this upgrade, can you get off the beta upgrade path for following upgrades, ie so bacl to normal upgrades.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

That would almost be too good to be true …I believe it when I see it (I should better say: not hear it) :slight_smile:

where and who?
the gitlab issues you mention over here aren´t even assigned…

edit: translation corrected

Here is activity:

1 Like

agreed :slight_smile: sounds promising (I admit I did not read that far), let´s hope for the best! :+1:

apologies, I’ve just re-read the thread, from what I read 1.9-beta doesn’t ‘restore’ speaker off ‘no echo’ functionality,if it ever existed at all.

1 Like

ah, too bad
despite my scepicism I was tempted to believe :slight_smile:
but no worries

Aww, I have this beautiful Samsung S7 with /e/ installed on it. I have this echo problem - and Wi-fi unstability - and now I decided to use my other phone with stock OS because of that. I really resent this, but I want my calls to be normal and my wi-fi to be stable. Too bad, too bad.

Yes shame, one workaround is you can use it with headphones, buds etc and there is no echo.

I’m using my S7 OK like that for the short term, need to do some research on what to replace it with …