eRecovery Testing!

Not yet. Once the recovery is stable and tested on a couple of devices we will share a documentation on our site. At present we are collecting the feedback and making improvements where necessary.

1 Like

Performed factory reset on oneplus3T this morning which worked fine to return my slightly personalised alpha build to a fresh state.

1 Like

When will it be available for Oneplus5T?

One question: could checksum files be made available to check integrity?

Or maybe they are there, just not with the name I’d expect, e.g. https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP2/recovery-e-0.11-q-2020090772203-dev-FP2.img.sha256sum (the corresponding .img exists)

Does the eRecovery contain commands similar to twrp that’s used in the easy-installer?

There, for example things like adb shell twrp wipe cache are used and I wonder if that can be done as easily in the eRecovery.

Hi Ingo,
At present the eRecovery is in a very basic form. These are some screenshots

Oh, just an other fork of Lineage :frowning:

Thanks, Manoj! I’ve actually seen it and by the contents of /bin while the eRecovery was booted, it looks like the underlying tools (like mkfs.ext4 or even an install) are there. I’m wondering if it’s worth the effort to try it with the installer. Some convenience script like twrp would be nice but I guess I could always call the underlying tools directly.

P.S.: I’m very new to this, but it seems orscmd is the component behind the twrp executable of TWRP and it needs a special flag to be included in the build.
BTW, I assume these are the sources of the eRecovery, right?

1 Like

I just noticed, that the install process of /e/ replaced my favorite recovery TWRP with the /e/recovery. This would be okay, if the /e/recovery would be able to do the same services like TWRP can. But it seems, that /e/recovery is (yet?) far away from being a replacement for TWRP. Are there plans to make /e/recovery more useful?

1 Like

Yes there are plans to add more features especially the ones we need to flash or restore an /e/ ROM

2 Likes

Hello there,

should the “Enable ADB” function as seen on the screenshot work already? I’m asking because I can’t get it work on a Gigaset GS290 with eRecovery v. 0.13 (20201009). :frowning:
I get it bootet into sideload directly by issueing adb reboot sideload. Message shown is “Now send the package you want to apply to the device with adb sideload <filename>…”. At this point adb devices shows an empty list and adb sideload org.fdroid.fdroid.priviledged.ota_2110.zip does not work either. (The ZIP file exists offcourse.)

Kind regards
Christian

Yes it should be working. Have tested it on a different device and it worked for a similar situation. Will ask someone from the team to test on the GS290.

2 Likes

Hi Manoj,

do you have any news on the GS290 from the team?

kind regards
Christian

This issue with the e Recovery and GS290 was fixed. Code needs to be merged. Will update once I have more details.

2 Likes

…could you please estimate when the next merge/release will happen?

Will update on this thread when the merge goes in.

Hi Manoj,

would it be possible to give me a debug build of the fixed eRecovery.img or something like that? I really need this feature within next week, so I would be able to setup my GS290 until February.
I would really appreciate it. :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance!

kind regards
Christian

Good morning everybody! :slight_smile:

Any news here? It’s a shame that my question was only followed by silence. :wink: I really would like to have a daily build for the Gigaset GS290 of eRecovery to gain ADB thus root access to the device. Using at my own risk of course.
Thanks in advance!

kind regards
Christian

I found the newer eRecovery img for GS290 by accident: :slight_smile:

Hello @Manoj

I’m running /e/ R on beryllium (pocof1).

The eRecovery download for beryllium on this page (eRecovery Testing!) is greyed out.

Will it be available?

And a related question: will the /e/ seedvault derivative be available on /e/ R and if so, where can I follow development on gitlab.e.foundation?

Thanks!

NickP