Error building unofficial Pie ROM for Moto G7 Plus (lake)

Thank you. If the weather turns bad enough for me to spend time on ROM building, I may gve this a try :slight_smile:

No issues to build it for me with this in the file .repo/local_manifests/roomservice_lake_PIE.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <project name="Jleeblanch/android_device_motorola_lake" path="device/motorola/lake" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_device_motorola_sdm660-common" path="device/motorola/sdm660-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="Jleeblanch/android_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="Jleeblanch/kernel_motorola_sdm660" path="kernel/motorola/msm8998" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" path="external/bson" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_system_qcom" path="system/qcom" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

Kernel build still fails https://pastebin.com/EHkDZA30
Thanks for your help, but I’m not going to spend any more time on this. If you have a successful build, maybe you could make it available in the UnofficlalBuilds thread.

It is me!
I’m still using your build with no Issue. Recently I get an error form Magic Earth

It seams that an upgrade could solve it but I don’t know how to do that: since It is unofficial I dont get OTA, since I did not build by myself I cannot upgrade by myself.
any help?
Wasn’s supposed to became an officail suported model?

I think there is a long discussion about it in telegram group, right ?

about the app, yes. but apart from that I’m interested in the issue of upgrading my own system.
I’ve just seen that there is an a build in the UNOFFICIAL build list which is, in theory, newest than mine. It does make sense to install that? how?

if it is newer, you can download it in flash it via twrp over your existing version

unfortunatly I don’t have TWRP istalled

How have you installed your existing eOS ?? Use the same way with the new one

I used de ‘default’ method, with fastboot from console. But can I do like that even if the instruction for the UNOFFICIAL build needs TWRP?

The default mode is fastboot boot twrp or fastboot flash recovery twrpxyz.img

Without TWRP or any other custom recovery you can’t install a custom rom

Ok, sorry. I saw my own installation notes… now i recall, actually I DID install TWRP!
Still I don’t have that installed :slight_smile: : if I access in recovery mode I see LOS recovery!
Why? I can use that custom recovery or I have to reinstall TWRP?
by the way: I had to install Q version of TWRP because P version was (is?) not available…

About what Q are you talking ? There is no Q Twrp :thinking:

You can flash with every custom recovery. It’s no need of twrp.

There where two version if I remember well one form android 9 andò one for android 10 stock ROM… Never mind, I’ll try to fo my best, may be I fan ask to the autor of the build. Thank yuo!

you can use this https://eu.dl.twrp.me/lake/twrp-3.3.1-0-lake.img.html