Est-ce possible de cloner/copier son téléphone sur son PC?

Bonjour

Tout d’abord merci à toute l’équipe pour le travail effectué depuis plusieurs années.
Je viens de passer mon Samsung S7 SM-G930F de la version eOS Oreo vers la version 1.2 Q stable-herolte.
Je suis donc reparti sur un système vierge et j’ai passé du temps pour réinstaller et configurer mes applications.
Pour ne pas avoir à refaire ce que je viens de faire au cas où mon téléphone me pose un gros problème, je souhaite faire une copie/sauvegarde de l’ensemble du téléphone (système, applications et data) sur mon PC.
Est-ce possible et avec quel programme ? Je précise que j’utilise un PC sous Linux Mint.
Bonne journée
Claudiousse

Hello

First of all, thanks to all the team for the work done for several years.
I just upgraded my Samsung S7 SM-G930F from eOS Oreo to 1.2 Q stable-hero.
So I started over on a blank system and spent some time reinstalling and configuring my applications.
So that I don’t have to redo what I just did in case my phone gives me a big problem, I want to make a copy/backup of the whole phone (system, apps and data) on my PC.
Is this possible and with which program? I specify that I use a PC under Linux Mint.
Good day to you
Claudiousse

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Excusez moi de répondre en Annglais SVP

A couple of options

• Android Backup and Restore Tools project. Will backup and restore apps and data, but not the system. You need to have rooted debugging available and enabled in Developer Options. If you have a dev build then it should be, if you have a stable build, then probably not. It won’t back up or restore some account data, so you will have to re-enter e.g. your /e/ account details and your email account details after a restore. What’s nice is you can pick which apps to restore.
  • TWRP. You can backup your system and data partitions to either SD card or internal storage. then copy the backup directory to your PC. This is an “all or nothing” solution: you can’t choose individual apps to be restored (though you can choose to only restore that data partition, which contains user installed apps, and data for all apps). And restoring the data partition will backup account details.

I wrote a forum post on both

Bonne chance!

1 Like

Bonjour et merci pour ces propositions @petefoth
J’utilisais effectivement TWRP avec mes précédentes version de /e/OS mais depuis la version 1.0 TWRP n’est plus proposé quand on démarre avec les 3 touches du téléphones.
Je ne voudrais surtout pas casser cette nouvelle installation, qui tourne très bien, en réinstallant TWRP.
Je ne compte pas non plus rooter mon téléphone.
Je vais creuser sur le Web!
Bonne journée!
Claudiousse

Hello and thank you for these suggestions @petefoth
I was using TWRP with my previous versions of /e/OS but since version 1.0 TWRP is not proposed anymore when you start with the 3 keys of the phone.
I don’t want to break this new installation, which works very well, by reinstalling TWRP.
I do not want to rooted my phone either.
I’ll dig on the Web!
Have a nice day!
Claudiousse