Ethernet tethering / Connect notebook with internet over phone with Usb-Ethernet Adapter and Lan-cable

Hi,
I have a Fairphone 3+ with the latest e OS update and I want to use ethernet tethering, but it does not work.
There is no option for this.

Are there other possibilities to get it work?

Thanks for help
Werner

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Please see this topic …

According to this, it seems to be a question of using the right adapter, and using /e/OS based on Android 9 didn’t seem to work.
As /e/OS on the Fairphone 3/3+ can currently be Android 9, 10 or 11 depending on how it was installed, what exactly does it say for you in Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/OS version?

What about the Wi-Fi hotspot feature of the phone or USB tethering?

Try:

Hotspot and tethering > USB tethering on

then

USB Preferences (with phone connected to PC/Laptop) > USB tethering

If you want phone to always be in tethering mode under developer options see:

Default USB configuration > USB tethering

Thanks for all your answers.

If I connect me to my home network with the ethernet adapter on my phone it works. I can open websites even if the phone is in flightmodus…so it is not about the adapter. (But then it runs over the modem at home)
In a “chain” - “diagram”:
Internet (landline) → Modem (at home) → Switch → LAN-Cable → LAN-Adapter (to USB-C) Phone. This works fine! But that was not my concern.

There is android 10 on the phone. Android 11 has the possibility for Ethernet tethering.

USB-Tethering does not work with the Lan-Adapter. It can not be activatet.

The “Chain” should be like this.
Internet → phone → Lan-Adapter (USB-C) → Lan-Cable → Notebook

(Meanwhile I use a USB-Cable or Hotspot, But the Cable is often to short - there is often no good connection far from windows or doors and I also do not want to use wifi when I work on the notebook)

I hope they (e OS) will make soon an update to Android 11 - then the problem is solved.

One Idea I will try is an old router (if I find it :-), and I hope it works), where I can connect the phone and then share it with my devices over LAN.

1 Like