Connecting Fairphone to Ethernet

Does /e/ Android support Ethernet connection on Fairphone?

If not, could it be done and could Wifi-calling through Ethernet be enabled as well?

I’m not a developer, but I wonder if it’s a matter of “simply” including the drivers in the /e/ compilation. It would be really fantastic for people like me who are looking for less electrosmog and even more speed and privacy.

Thanks.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I can’t answer the questions, but I can point to adapters which apparently work with the stock OS …

Thanks AnotherElk! From the post you mention, it would need an OTG (On The Go) adaptor between the Ethernet-USB adaptor and the Fairphone.

So I have tried using a Belkin Ethernet-USB connected to a Baseus OTG USB-USB-C adaptor, but without success. I have also tried with an Comsana Ethernet-USB-C OTG but without success.

It would be great to try including the drivers in the /e/ Android build.

From my research on Lineage OS which it doesnt work either the issue seems to be missing drivers.

Im happy to donate $250 to the project if someone can incorporate these drivers into the build so the current generation of USB-C Ethernet+Charge adapters work. As they do in standard android on the Galaxy S9.

Hi, I use FP3 with a Renkforce USB-C3.1 OTG-Adapter (Conrad) in combination with a “i-tec USB 3.0 Hub 3 Port + Gigabit Ethernet Adapter”. It works without problems. Perfect for updates of Apps, maps and OTA.
USB-Ports accepts USB-Sticks, keyboard, mouse …
However, it seems to increase battery consumption and I may still be looking for a way to connect a power supply in parallel

There is an issue created for this here

1 Like

Works now for me too now with the latest update 0.14 with Comsana Ethernet USB-C converter.
A correction:
It works with the Android Q upgrade: https://doc.e.foundation/q-upgrade-fp3
It does not work with the Android 9 update yet.