Fairphone 3 FP3 support on /e/

Hello, @gougelmobber, please install current SDK Platform Tools Android ADB & Fastboot for Mac platform-tools_r29.0.5-darwin.zip and your Mac can “speak” with a Android Phone.

Since TWRP is already installed on your FP3, the /e/ OS build can also be installed via the microSD card … without ADB and fastboot. Then you just have to be accredited as a selected tester.

Further to the other forum requests,

I’d also love to be part of the beta testing.

Many thanks.

Hello @archje,

I already had installed version r29, but for some reason I repeatedly get the error message “unknown command” (not for all commands, just particular ones). Which doesn’t happen on the Mac I use in my office; here adb works fine. On this machine, I rooted my FP3 and installed TWRP.

Okay, if adb isn’t needed to install /e/ OS, even better! I look forward to the things coming up… :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, just noticed: Nice to see @pigpig around here! Great!

1 Like

Hi,
I’m also currently trying to port LineageOS 16 for FP3. As /e/ is based on LOS, I’d be interested if you’re working on the same or you are focus on GSI?
However here is my repo. Maybe we could work together on that.
BR,
Max

2 Likes

Hi - Great work! Also interested in beta testing.

Those interested in testing can send in these details to testing@e.email

/e/ email ID (optional)
Tester Name (optional)
/e/ Gitlab ID ( required)
Telegram username (required)

[ Need the gitlab ID to add your name to the testing project , telegram username is need to add your name to the telegram /e/ testing channel ]

Please note: Only users who have experience of flashing their devices with stock and /e/OS ROM’s need to volunteer for the testing.

Let me know in case you had previously sent your details for the FP2 testing.

1 Like

Ok, I order a FP3 this month. :smiley:

How when the /e/ OS being downloaded? Has i do i manuelt or will fairphone rolling a update of choice? I am not so avandce to installing stuff on phones, but i am very tired of google.
and another thing is, will there be Handelsbanken, Betalingsservice, Blur, Airwallet, mobilpay and E-Boks.dk apps?

Hi @Violet_lilly the initial /e/OS build for the FP3 will have to be download from the /e/ servers. We will share the location with the testing team once we are ready.
Post that the build will have to be manually flashed on the FP3.
If you have previously flashed the build it will be easier to install the FP3 build as well.
Once the testing is complete we will come out with the official build which again users will have to manually flash the first time and then subsequent builds will be available OTA.

2 Likes

Cool cool, but will there be later danish OS version?

We have started a project to translate the /e/ OS as default apps into various languages. You can check the details here. Languages will be added if there is a demand for it and off course if translators are available.

1 Like

Thanks to all those who have volunteered to help with the beta testing of the FP3. I have added the details of users who sent it as requested here.
We are still a few days away from the actual testing starting. I will announce the start on this thread.

Have to say this …the support and enthusiasm of the Fairphone users is amazing !
Every time a request goes out for volunteers to test FairPhone models I am deluged by requests!!
:pray: Thanks !!!

12 Likes

Can’t believe it has been so fast ! I don’t need to ask you to give some news as it seems to go so fast that we will shortly have some !

2 Likes

Yes we should be able to release it for beta testing soon. Great work by the development team.

1 Like

Update: As mentioned above I have already received details from about a dozen volunteer testers for the FP3. If you still want to send in your details you are welcome.

In some cases I may not have written back to some of you to confirm that I have your details.

All the same please note I am collecting the details you have shared and will be announcing the start of the testing here on this thread. Expect it to happen soon.

Again thanks for offering to help with the testing efforts.

3 Likes

Status report on the FP3 porting…

Completed :

• Wifi
  • Media playback
  • OMX ( Open Media Acceleration)

Work in Progress:

• Camera
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Fingerprint

:loudspeaker: Stay tuned for more details in the days to come …

16 Likes

really cool that /e/ is coming to this device!

3 Likes

When I will install eelo on my FP3 I’d like to root it : do the tests are made on rooted or non-rooted phones ?

Right now the priority is to get the FP3 ported. We also usually work with non rooted phones. You can try rooting once you get the /e/ ROM on your FP3.

My FP3 arrives this week, if not DHL sleeps on friday. :slight_smile:

Can not wait for testing /e/.