Fairphone 3 FP3 support on /e/

We have started a project to translate the /e/ OS as default apps into various languages. You can check the details here. Languages will be added if there is a demand for it and off course if translators are available.

1 Like

Thanks to all those who have volunteered to help with the beta testing of the FP3. I have added the details of users who sent it as requested here.
We are still a few days away from the actual testing starting. I will announce the start on this thread.

Have to say this …the support and enthusiasm of the Fairphone users is amazing !
Every time a request goes out for volunteers to test FairPhone models I am deluged by requests!!
:pray: Thanks !!!

12 Likes

Can’t believe it has been so fast ! I don’t need to ask you to give some news as it seems to go so fast that we will shortly have some !

2 Likes

Yes we should be able to release it for beta testing soon. Great work by the development team.

1 Like

Update: As mentioned above I have already received details from about a dozen volunteer testers for the FP3. If you still want to send in your details you are welcome.

In some cases I may not have written back to some of you to confirm that I have your details.

All the same please note I am collecting the details you have shared and will be announcing the start of the testing here on this thread. Expect it to happen soon.

Again thanks for offering to help with the testing efforts.

3 Likes

Status report on the FP3 porting…

Completed :

• Wifi
  • Media playback
  • OMX ( Open Media Acceleration)

Work in Progress:

• Camera
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Fingerprint

:loudspeaker: Stay tuned for more details in the days to come …

16 Likes

really cool that /e/ is coming to this device!

3 Likes

When I will install eelo on my FP3 I’d like to root it : do the tests are made on rooted or non-rooted phones ?

Right now the priority is to get the FP3 ported. We also usually work with non rooted phones. You can try rooting once you get the /e/ ROM on your FP3.

My FP3 arrives this week, if not DHL sleeps on friday. :slight_smile:

Can not wait for testing /e/.

Manoj : it was just to know. I guess that flashing addonsu lineageos package should be enough to root FP3.

Fairphoner : I have ordered my FP3 sunday and I received it on Tuesday ! I received a message on my smartphone from DHL at 11h, so keep an eye on your Smartphone and get ready to receive it !

Alt0216: Ordered on Friday, it should arrive this Friday. I ordered it to a parcel station because I’m not home. Let’s see what happens.

Hi! thank you for FP3 porting. My Fp3 has been waiting for a privacy friendly and stable operating system for daily use for about 3 months now. It’s still locked in its box, like it just came to my house. Good job!

Hiii Manoj… is there a new status? I have my FP3 since thirty minutes… lalala :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Let me just say there will be an official announcement :loudspeaker: from Gaël soon on this… :wink:
Soon as in may be this coming week :innocent:

6 Likes

Very good, next weekend is easter and I have time to install /e/.

can’t wait for it :slight_smile:

mee too

(the week is half over)

We are doing some internal testing on the build first. That means another member of the development team flashed the build on his FP3 to test it. Previously it was only the developer who had tested it.
As always the same person works on three different tasks which results in some tasks slipping.
I will update when we can release it for our user team testing.

3 Likes

No problem. I don’t really want to push. :wink: It’s best to be good, then it takes time.

1 Like