Fairphone 3 FP3 support on /e/

+1 for FP3 - have one, will update the firmware as soon as possible

2 Likes

I would definitely buy a FP 3 with /e/ if it was available when my phone will die.

4 Likes

+1 for Fairphone 3! I already have one with the native Android but I would love to switch to /e/!

3 Likes

And another +1, already have FP3 and have just disabled as much Google as possible for now and installed F-Droid, etc, but really wanting Lineage or e and microG. Previously had /e/ on FP2.

2 Likes

The FP3 source code has been released today. So I suppose the Lineage porting geniuses are already working on a Lineage port. The result of that work can probably be a start point for FP3 support on /e/…

8 Likes

+1 for the Fairphone 3
hope Fairphone releasing the kernel source code will speed up the development :slight_smile:

3 Likes

let’s all vote on this poll!! amazing that they are listening to their users this way.

1 Like

The vote is over, @Rik, it dates from late 2018, and it appears they are not listening at the end.

+1 combining ethical OS and ethical hardware

1 Like

@cedricoola and @Manoj haha OK i think we should still vote and bring it to the attention of Fairphone!

+1
FP is already promoting possible availability of e.foundation as alternative OS.

2 Likes

Where? Link?

1 Like

yes i agree link please!!

+1 for /e/ on Fairphone 3

1 Like

The most I’m aware of is they recently released the kernel source code. It’d be great if you could provide some source to that they’re promoting /e/ as alternative OS.

https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fairphone-3-gpl.html

1 Like

Waiting for my fairphone at the moment and hope that e.foundation will be available

1 Like

Hi, everybody.

This is my first post.
My Fairphone 3 has arrived and I’m looking forward to try /e/ on it. Who can I ask how far the support of FP3 is developed and how I can help?

I’ll be thankful for any suggestion.

1 Like

Hello @ninorode59, our @Manoj e/ support & community leader is a good contact point …

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ll ask him.

+1

(and the required 20 characters: sdvvsrffwrgrewghresdf) :wink:

4 Likes