Fairphone 3 : Update

The fix was specifically to resolve the sound issues. Is there any option which is not working for you with the latest build.

1 Like

Is there a way to get the stable builds for FP3 that are not from your eShop?

btw. I tested 2h videochat with jitsi on weekend. Works smooth and fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stable builds come with the eShop devices. The download of the stable ROM is not available for non eSop devices.

1 Like

That’s very very sad. :frowning:

Well, I for my part haven’t had any issues with the stability of the dev builds yet. :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps the “stable” builds skipped Speaker alway on after one call with “hands free mode” on FP3, which was quickly fixed with another update one day later.

I learned from this that I have to resume testing core functionality after updates, same as with LineageOS.

Same as me. :slight_smile:

20 characters

I also discovered that Apps (the app store that ships with /e/ OS) crashes when I attempt to install updates. This problem has started since I installed the system update. Any ideas what to do about it?

I have the same issue. It started after the system update too.

It has been reported here : https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/1409

Today I got the notice to update to 2020062560240.
It went smoothly. Thanks!

Hi,
Got it too. Install went smoothly. I noticed the icons in the settings had changed.
Is it possible to have some kind of changelog just to know what changes/upgrades were made?
By the way, still no visual voicemail with me :wink:

You should be able to see the changelogs now . It has gone out with the latest builds.

Under Settings >> System >> Advanced >> Updater >> Three dots menu and there >> Show Changelog

It looks like this in the latest build

2 Likes

Fantastic!
I hadn’t seen that option.
Many thanks

I can confirm that Wi-Fi Hotspot seems to be broken with 2020062560240.
Hotspot can be activated, but other devices don’t see it. Settings for security and frequency don’t matter.

1 Like

Yup, same thing with me!

I like the new changelog. Thank you. :slight_smile:

But some links to gitlab items are broken.

That is an interesting problem. I just checked. Some of the issues are marked private by the users who created them. That is why when you try to check them from the phone they appear as if the link is broken. Let me check if we can show a message for such issues.

2 Likes

Ok, lets see.

Or make a copy of the texts. A changelog without a change description does not make much sense.

The link doesn’t seem to work:
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/e-0.9-p-2020060957753-stable-FP3.zip.changelog