Fairphone 3 : Update

Same as me. :slight_smile:

20 characters

I also discovered that Apps (the app store that ships with /e/ OS) crashes when I attempt to install updates. This problem has started since I installed the system update. Any ideas what to do about it?

I have the same issue. It started after the system update too.

It has been reported here : https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/1409

Today I got the notice to update to 2020062560240.
It went smoothly. Thanks!

Hi,
Got it too. Install went smoothly. I noticed the icons in the settings had changed.
Is it possible to have some kind of changelog just to know what changes/upgrades were made?
By the way, still no visual voicemail with me :wink:

You should be able to see the changelogs now . It has gone out with the latest builds.

Under Settings >> System >> Advanced >> Updater >> Three dots menu and there >> Show Changelog

It looks like this in the latest build

2 Likes

Fantastic!
I hadn’t seen that option.
Many thanks

I can confirm that Wi-Fi Hotspot seems to be broken with 2020062560240.
Hotspot can be activated, but other devices don’t see it. Settings for security and frequency don’t matter.

1 Like

Yup, same thing with me!

I like the new changelog. Thank you. :slight_smile:

But some links to gitlab items are broken.

That is an interesting problem. I just checked. Some of the issues are marked private by the users who created them. That is why when you try to check them from the phone they appear as if the link is broken. Let me check if we can show a message for such issues.

2 Likes

Ok, lets see.

Or make a copy of the texts. A changelog without a change description does not make much sense.

The link doesn’t seem to work:
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/e-0.9-p-2020060957753-stable-FP3.zip.changelog

The stable build has not been updated as yet. The changelog changes are on the dev builds. Stable channel builds should go out in the next couple of days after we have one round of testing.

1 Like

After the update i can’t activate the Hotspot or the other Devices can’t See it.

Yes, this is currently broken, unfortunately.
A fix is on its way, as you can see here …

3 Likes

There is no changelog for the 2020070161107 OTA Update. Only the old from Jun.

1 Like

This is the changelog, these are the changes. There maybe some overlap with the 9th June update, but for example the screen lag solution, and the new settings icons were not in 9th update.

This changelog doesn’t show the changes in the
2020070161107 build, which is offered to users right now.
(E.g. the Wi-Fi hotspot regression was apparently fixed with this new build, this works again for me.)

And 20200701 is not a “June update” by default (which currently is still the headline of the changelog).

So this changelog currently fails to be a helpful changelog. It doesn’t connect the listed changes to a certain build in a recognisable fashion, and it doesn’t list changes of a new build which was released already.